REVIEW: “Crisis From the Underground Up!” Review Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: “Crisis From the Underground Up!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default “Crisis From the Underground Up!” Review Thread

BW47 - Crisis From the Underground Up!

Note: This dub episode first aired in the UK on the 27th December 2011 at 9am GMT+0

Ash, his friends and Meowth arrive at Nimbasa City after plenty of travelling. The gang decide to go to the Pokémon Center and Cilan leads them to the underground railway, which can get them there. The train they board suddenly stops during the journey and a fast, unrecognisable type of train speeds past them! After hearing from some of the other passengers that it is a “ghost train” the subway bosses Ingo and Emmet appear and say that they’re investigating into the matter. Just who is behind the ghost train?

---

The Tracey mention was kept, if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Iteru; 27th December 2011 at 07:49 AM.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default Re: “To Catch a Ghost Train!” Review Thread

How did they not find it suspicious that Meowth knew so much about the facilities at the Pokemon Center? Being famous in the Unova region doesn't make a difference to someone from Kanto - let alone a Pokemon from Kanto.

'Metro' connoisseur seemed an odd name for Cilan - 'Railway' or even just 'Subway' would have seemed a bit more consistent.

I also don't get why they kept calling it a Ghost train after they saw that it actually existed. If they'd stopped, then Iris wouldn't have needed to say one of the stupidest lines she's had - 'Where's the real ghost train?' as well as the difference between a real and fake ghost train. They figured out it was Team Rocket fairly quickly, so why not just say 'Team Rocket's train'.

I know Ash is the most forgiving person in the world, but he could have been at least slightly shocked to see Meowth back with the Rockets; or you know, angry? Instead they patiently wait for them to finish their motto as always, that annoys me.

As for good bits; well all of Cilan's train stuff at the beginning and it is good to hear Tracy mentioned, even if we don't even get a glimpse of him. Though it does seem a bit odd that he'd talk to Tracy about his line up when that's almost the exact and almost only thing that Cilan is supposed to do as a Pokemon Connoisseur - yet he'll ask Tracy who in theory wouldn't have heard of half of his Pokemon, let alone know of the local Gym leader strengths.
    Laterna likes this.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Default Re: “To Catch a Ghost Train!” Review Thread

"But I wanted to look at the pretty train some more!"

Oh Cilan. Great first part to the episode; I enjoyed Metro Connoisseur Cilan - his train obsession is adorable - liked Iris calling Cilan a kid over his love for trains (he was especially acting childish while on the train) loved Meowth's constant evil expressions - shame this might be the only time we'll see something like that from him in this series - and Team Rocket thought up a well executed plan just to steal lots of Pokémon; Nobody would have expected a plan like this for something they've always done from them.

When Meowth convinced the group to leave their Pokémon at the healing room it should have been obvious there was something suspicious and of course it turns out Meowth being fired was all a trick. The group unfortunately trusted Mewoth too much as a friend during that scene to suspect anything was off on what he was saying. Having watched the Japanese version of this two-parter already I'll say I love the reaction Pikachu's going to have when he discovers Meowth has been playing them for fools all a long.

A note- I watched the episode on ITV Player due to missing it on TV as I never wake up before or at 9:00am when staying home.
    Last edited by Don; 27th December 2011 at 09:21 AM.
    Catzeye and Trainer Gabriel like this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Re: “Crisis From the Underground Up!” Review Thread

I thought it would be Eelektross but...
    Karamazov likes this.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Loved this line as well:

Iris: "What time is it?"
    Cilan: "Lunch time of course."

Also it looks like TPCI were utilizing Cilan's phrase with that line. No surprise seeing as they love Cilan's "It's ___ Time!" phrase so much they even add extra ones (this started with Facing Fear with Eyes Wide Open!) and sometimes have other characters imitate his phrase. Either that or it's to make up for almost missing it out due to his evaluating (tasting) phrase in the 6th episode. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post

I thought it would be Eelektross but...
    But Eelektross appears in the second part of this episode not the first. I'm expecting either Eelektross or Chandelure in "Who's That Pokémon?" for the next episode.

The only Pokémon who appeared in this episode (not counting the background ones) were Meowth, Pikachu, Audino, Axew and Woobat. And due to Meowth and Pikachu not being Unova Pokémon and Audino and Axew already being in "Who's That Pokémon?" the only choice they had was Woobat.

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    But Eelektross appears in the second part of this episode not the first. I'm expecting either Eelektross or Chandelure in "Who's That Pokémon?" for the next episode.

The only Pokémon who appeared in this episode (not counting the background ones) were Meowth, Pikachu, Audino, Axew and Woobat. And due to Meowth and Pikachu not being Unova Pokémon and Audino and Axew already being in "Who's That Pokémon?" the only choice they had was Woobat.
    Hmm... True. Glad they kept the Tracey part. METRO CONNOISSEUR, FTW!

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I honestly didn't think they'd keep it as 'metro sommelier', but I guess even the TPCI dudes figured it was far too perfect a title to pass up. Only Dent could refer to himself as such with so much pride.
    Hitomi and Crysta Blade like this.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

Cilan: "It's Subway Time!" - For a second there I thought Cilan was going to take the others out for some sub sandwiches.

Metro Connoisseur is one of my top favourite of Cilan's Connoisseur hobbies and talents along with Fishing Connoisseur due to his behaviour (I love them all really). Cilan comes of as a big nerd and know-it-all when explaining trains but is also adorable and rather childish when obsessing over trains. The adorkable trope fitted him even more after this episode. And I loved the two times Meowth had to drag Cilan away due to him being so passionate about trains and the Underground Subway. They would have made a great duo.

And finally-

Just keep on bringing the fan-service with him. It's what they do.
    Last edited by Don; 27th December 2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Eitarou, Hitomi, Adyniz and 5 others like this.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    And finally-

Just keep on bringing the fan-service with him. It's what they do.
    This picture just gets funnier after seeing her grabbing his ass in the Accelgor ep.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

She's probably not even embarrassed about his subway antics. She's really thinking to herself "man, I just want to touch that fabulous thing," and blushed because of it. (And she got her chance in the A*Gilder episode!)

I have a question though. If this episode aired in the UK last weekend, does that mean that the US is going to be one week behind from now on?
    Don, Adyniz, CommanderPigg and 6 others like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    I have a question though. If this episode aired in the UK last weekend, does that mean that the US is going to be one week behind from now on?
    It actually aired today. The US will be behind roughly 3 episodes (we get BW48 and 49 tommorow and Thursday) but then we go back to older episodes afterwards, which is likely going to give the US a chance to catch uo.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
    It actually aired today. The US will be behind roughly 3 episodes (we get BW48 and 49 tommorow and Thursday) but then we go back to older episodes afterwards, which is likely going to give the US a chance to catch uo.
    Oh, I see. Thanks. :) I was just puzzled when I saw the review thread because I know it hadn't aired in the US yet.

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Cilan's love for trains reminds me of Sheldon Cooper. Both are freakin awesome but in a different way.
    Paperhorse likes this.

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I wonder what Team Rocket would have done had Meowth got captured by Leon or he was killed by a Beartic when he was with Team Twerp? Well, it was a decent enough episode, nothing amazingly exciting, though. Cilan's enthusiasm for trains was a delight to see, but as always, Iris had to have a problem with anyone being passionate about anything. And now she's started calling him a kid as well? I swear they're trying to make her as unlikeable as possible.

He weren't the most amazing character by any means, but knowing Tracey still exists makes me so happy. All the past characters haven't been sucked into a black hole of nonexistence after all!
    djulienr likes this.

Who is this git?

Kinda bummed we aren't getting to see both eps on the same day like we did in the original, but the dub premier is so close to the original it's understandable why they probably want some breathing room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast