“Coming Full — Festival Circle!” Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “Coming Full — Festival Circle!” Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: “Coming Full - Festival Circle!” Review Thread

Well, Jessie has been doing this whole Coordinator thing for longer even if she only started getting serious about it in Sinnoh.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Well, Jessie has been doing this whole Coordinator thing for longer even if she only started getting serious about it in Sinnoh.
    I think it also shows the competition isn't as strong in this competition.

The fact that there's no Robert or Solidad version of this tournament implies they let Dawn an, "easy pass" to get into the finals, and Jessie to get into the Top 4.

Kind of odd, its like this GF was set up in a way to give Dawn and Jessie easy victories. If Nando had faced Dawn or Jessie, he would have beaten them most likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Kind of odd, its like this GF was set up in a way to give Dawn and Jessie easy victories. If Nando had faced Dawn or Jessie, he would have beaten them most likely.
    Apparently they didn't give us any GF-exclusive rivals in this Grand Festival that were focused on, so it was a little dull.

I really enjoyed this episode for the Nando V.S Zoey battle, that one was one of my favorites of this Grand Festival. I was really impressed by both Zoey and Nando's moves even if they aren't some of my favorite rivals, I need to give credit when due. Jessie was one of the few characters I was rooting for this series, so I was disapointed that they didn't show her battle more. Animation and music in this episode was wonderful, so yah pretty good. Can't wait for next weeks episode..
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Well this was most likely the final time we will ever see contest in the anime, so why not let them get to the semi's/finals. She shouldn't win of course, but hey w/e. Looking back now that DP is over I find it funny now that Dawn got Jessie, and Ash got Takuto. Regaurdless of how cheap it was.
    Last edited by Masurao; 3rd October 2010 at 01:11 AM.

Follow lewisr88 On Twitter
    Follow lewisr88 on Tumblr Follow lewisr88 on Flickr Visit lewisr88's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode for the Nando V.S Zoey battle, that one was one of my favorites of this Grand Festival. I was really impressed by both Zoey and Nando's moves even if they aren't some of my favorite rivals, I need to give credit when due. Jessie was one of the few characters I was rooting for this series, so I was disapointed that they didn't show her battle more. Animation and music in this episode was wonderful, so yah pretty good. Can't wait for next weeks episode..
    This post pretty much sums it up for me really. The Nando vs Zoey battle was actually better and more entertaining then I was expecting tbh. Disappointed with the way they let Jessie exit the competition though, it was in bit of a wimper I felt. Hoping next weeks lives up to the billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Momohime View Post
    How is it predictable when previous tournaments never had a semi-final filled with re-occurring characters? In the old tournaments, the lesser rivals would always be systematically eliminated by the main character or the darkhorse winner, so having the final four be all characters we're familiar with makes the finals all that more exciting since you won't be inclined to believe there's a clear winner here.

Also, please tell me what was so DEM about their victories. Each of them won the matches cleanly and since there isn't any outside circumstances affecting their performance, I can't possibly see how any of this is the work of a DEM.
    Hello? They won their matches "cleanly"? Good thing that I have the episodes on my computer so I can't blame myself for oversleeping or missing any parts.
    Truth is, we didn't see any of their battles and victories in round 2 and 3 (except for that little scene of Jessie's 3rd round victory). And this is what I'm complaining about since it's just cheap.
    If you don't like the expression "DEM" then stick to what Gliscor'd said when he was talking about "easy victories" for Dawn and Jessie.
    It's credible that Nando and Zoey would make it to the semi-finals, but letting Dawn and Jessie pass and wanting us to accept it without showing us any of their 2nd and 3rd round battles is a clear plot device and too much suspension of disbelief.

I say it again: This Grand Festival would have deserved a fifth episode and the writers could at least have treated us to an epic battle between Jessalina and Dawn.

But according to the good old saying "All's well that ends well", let's see what next week holds for us and whether it'll be a worthy conclusion of the contests.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The fact that there's no Robert or Solidad version of this tournament implies they let Dawn an, "easy pass" to get into the finals, and Jessie to get into the Top 4.

It does seem that way because the writers have to keep up with their word. About how Dawn and Zoey were meant to battle in the finals, a promise that they made to one another ever since their first contest together.

As for Jessie, well, the writers felt that it was better to keep her in the line of things instead of shifting off to another tangent. I am surprised that Mime Jr., a pokemon that has rarely been seen battling, helped Jessie to win twice.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 3rd October 2010 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Hello? They won their matches "cleanly"? Good thing that I have the episodes on my computer so I can't blame myself for oversleeping or missing any parts.
    Truth is, we didn't see any of their battles and victories in round 2 and 3 (except for that little scene of Jessie's 3rd round victory). And this is what I'm complaining about since it's just cheap.
    If you don't like the expression "DEM" then stick to what Gliscor'd said when he was talking about "easy victories" for Dawn and Jessie.
    It's credible that Nando and Zoey would make it to the semi-finals, but letting Dawn and Jessie pass and wanting us to accept it without showing us any of their 2nd and 3rd round battles is a clear plot device and too much suspension of disbelief.

I say it again: This Grand Festival would have deserved a fifth episode and the writers could at least have treated us to an epic battle between Jessalina and Dawn.

But according to the good old saying "All's well that ends well", let's see what next week holds for us and whether it'll be a worthy conclusion of the contests.
    A whole episode for Jessie V.S Dawn would have been a good idea, or what they could have done was end this episode with Jessie and Dawn starting. Than continue it to the next episode so we could have ended Jessie's contests on a good note at least.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

This basically isn't the way Contests should have gone out in the series.

Sure Dawn makes it into the finals, but why does it matter when the impact is lost? They skipped her second and third round matches completely, and her match against Jessie is 1 minute long.

We get to see Dawn beat one person, Ursula, who she already beat twice before. Uh...where is her big victory otherwise?

Blog Entries

Who would have thought that two of the most uninteresting characters in Pokémon would actually have one of the best contest battles in the entire series! It was a perfect balance of power and sparklez beauty, which is exactly how a contest battle should be in the first place.

Dawn vs Jessie on the other hand....yeah. Though like how at the end Jessie seems like she's gonna snap (what was with the manly snarl!? o_0) but it was only to say Dawn should win since she beat her. True Jessie!

Blog Entries

I think it was the writers way of proving Nando actually had a point on the show.

Given y'know, they ignored him for like 160 episodes before he appeared again. That's why he got a big battle.

I feel so amazingly ripped off after watching this episode. Dawn and Jessies fight was literally like 2 minutes long. That was just like a slap in the face.

Thumbs up Re: “Coming Full — Festival Circle!” Review Thread

Definitely enjoyed watching the Zoey/Nando battle. They pulled it off. I enjoyed it even though I knew the outcome.

I did not enjoy the Dawn/Jessie ("Jesselina") battle. That battle like lasted 1 freaking minute and it sucked. Though I do like how Jessie after losing pinched Dawn's cheeks and told her she had to win. That was funny.

So overall to me this episode was pretty good.

Because Ash will always love Misty and Misty will always love Ash.

I'm a pokeshipper and I'm proud to be one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    I feel so amazingly ripped off after watching this episode. Dawn and Jessies fight was literally like 2 minutes long. That was just like a slap in the face.
    It was a slap in the face to both characters.

That was the last contest battle Dawn ever won on-screen, and it only gets 1 minute?

I really wonder what happened with the Contests this generation. They started off with a slew of new ideas at the start, but the writers gave up on all of Dawn's rivals halfway through.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast