“Coming Full — Festival Circle!” Review Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Coming Full — Festival Circle!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default “Coming Full — Festival Circle!” Review Thread

It’s the semi-final round of the Sinnoh Grand Festival, and things are heating up with a battle between Zoey and Nando; and… Dawn and ‘Jessilina’!

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Default Re: “Coming Full-Festival Circle!” Review Thread

3 AM in the night. Wait a little bit, my friend...

Blog Entries

Default Re: “Coming Full - Festival Circle!” Review Thread

pm2: You're starting to annoy me a little with that message in every thread.

Anyway, this was a quite decent episode. It even felt like a long episode despite being the usual 22 minutes long. The Nando vs. Zoey battle was definitely a marvelous sight to see. However, the Jessilina vs. Dawn battle was a bit rushed, and Jessilina scared me at the end.

Next Week - The Final Round!

9.6 out of 10 points

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

He has a point, though; there is absolutely no reason for you to be starting these Review Threads as early as you do. Posting threads hours before the episode premieres accomplishes nothing. So cut it out.

As for the episode itself...this is the episode I'll always remember as the writers' big "screw you" to Rocket-Dan fans everywhere. So, so disappointing.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    He has a point, though; there is absolutely no reason for you to be starting these Review Threads as early as you do. Posting threads hours before the episode premieres accomplishes nothing. So cut it out.
    Hey! If Mijumaru wants to post review threads early then there is no problem with that. People do that to start the discussions off quickly. So, please do not berate this user for that and the same goes for the other user as well.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I guess you're right. Though he did say the exact thing a minute to when the episode start in the Playing the Performance Encore! thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shapps07 View Post
    Hey! If Mijumaru wants to post review threads early then there is no problem with that. People do that to start the discussions off quickly. So, please do not berate this user for that and the same goes for the other user as well.
    In case you haven't noticed, the user above you is a mod here.

So then, why did Jessilina have the same reaction as in the Daybreak Contest?

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumaru View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, the user above you is a mod here.
    Well people like that shouldn't boss you around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shapps07 View Post
    Well people like that shouldn't boss you around.
    It's nice to see you're defending me, but he's not bossing me around, he knows what's right and wrong.

But anyway, it really disappoints me that we're already at the final round of the Grand Festival; it's nice, but at the same time sad seeing it coming and going!

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I loved the Nando v Zoey battle. There was a lot of awesome combos. But the Jessie battle was kind of... pathetic. I did like the end when Jessie told Dawn not to lose.

8/10

Blog Entries

To me, it seems that one of the most annoying things of the episode is that all the twerps talked about in the Zoey vs. Nando battle was Nando's music combinations. It seems like they just started talking about them in the Grand Festival, and to be honest, it was really annoying. Seeing this episode, I wonder how much they're going to talk about Nando's music in DP183. They shouldn't talk about the music too much because the League's about strength, not about beauty.

Blog Entries

Epic performance by Michele Knotz

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

My favorite move of the battle was when Nando used Bug Buzz to destroy the Shadow Ball. I love it when they use simple moves like that in different, interesting ways.

Blog Entries

As for the episode itself...this is the episode I'll always remember as the writers' big "screw you" to Rocket-Dan fans everywhere. So, so disappointing.
    Really? I see it as more of a gift to the Rocket-Dan fans. It's the cumulation of everything that's happened since Houen. Jessie doesn't cheat, she wins fairly, she made the Top 4, held her own pretty well, and didn't react the way you thought she would after she lost! I thought that part at the end with Dawn was a great fake out. Yeah, the battle was short, but Jessie isn't exactly a big enough character to warrant a longer battle.

The Zoey vs. Nando stuff was pretty cool, but since I don't really care for either character it was hard to get too excited.

Sad to think next week is the end of Contests.

Blog Entries

"A legend in my own mind." Stop being so obvious, dubbers. Wow, Brock pays attention to what Nando uses. Oh, Lopunny, how could I forget that? But Dawn, you have used your opponent's moves against them before. It is a good contest battle, though. That shot of Dawn and Zoey meeting in the hallway is just as intense as ever. So that was the reason. I should've known. She was so upset over her own loss to Dawn... Next, the GF, and perhaps Pokemon Contests as a whole, come to an end...
    Step into the Fairy circle

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    I see it as more of a gift to the Rocket-Dan fans. It's the cumulation of everything that's happened since Houen. Jessie doesn't cheat, she wins fairly, she made the Top 4, held her own pretty well, and didn't react the way you thought she would after she lost! I thought that part at the end with Dawn was a great fake out. Yeah, the battle was short, but Jessie isn't exactly a big enough character to warrant a longer battle.
    "Jessie isn't a big enough character to warrant a longer battle?" Are you serious? She's a main character and has been doing Pokemon Contests for three regions now. And unlike, say, Nando, she actually has interactions with Dawn.

As far as I'm concerned, the main Coordinators of the Sinnoh region are Dawn, Zoey, and Jessie.

I also don't give two craps about Zoey vs. Nando. Sooooo much screentime wasted on their battle.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast