REVIEW: “The Semi-Final Frontier!” Review Thread - Page 12

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: “The Semi-Final Frontier!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “The Semi-Final Frontier!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    You see the problem this would pose for the writers? If everyone knows what's gonna happen, it won't be as fun to watch. Granted, Ash lost over 9000 times, but he does get better.
    Seeing him win the League from this point onward consistently, would be no different than seeing him lose like he has for the past 13 years.

I thought this was a really good episode. Not quite as epic as the five or six that led up to it, but still pretty darn good. It was awesome seeing Sceptile in action again, and Pikachu's battle with Latios was awesome.

It's a little disappointing to see Ash lose another major tournament, but I think the writers did something really smart with it this time. He accomplished something no one else in all of Sinnoh could in beating Darkrai, and even another of Tobias' Pokémon! More importantly, though he lost the tournament, it doesn't matter because he achieved a much greater victory in defeating Paul... and becoming friends with him. That's deep. Bravo, writers.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chromashadow View Post
    I thought this was a really good episode. Not quite as epic as the five or six that led up to it, but still pretty darn good. It was awesome seeing Sceptile in action again, and Pikachu's battle with Latios was awesome.

It's a little disappointing to see Ash lose another major tournament, but I think the writers did something really smart with it this time. He accomplished something no one else in all of Sinnoh could in beating Darkrai, and even another of Tobias' Pokémon! More importantly, though he lost the tournament, it doesn't matter because he achieved a much greater victory in defeating Paul... and becoming friends with him. That's deep. Bravo, writers.
    Oh my Arceus, yes!

Perhaps the reason why I almost forgot about this episode was because the Ash vs. Paul battle really did seem like an end all battle...after that, nothing could really beat it in terms of excitement.

I dunno. I payed more attention to Ash's rivalry than his victory in the Sinnoh League...so maybe that's why I wasn't really upset when he lost.

"seasons change, people change"

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Oh my Arceus, yes!

Perhaps the reason why I almost forgot about this episode was because the Ash vs. Paul battle really did seem like an end all battle...after that, nothing could really beat it in terms of excitement.

I dunno. I payed more attention to Ash's rivalry than his victory in the Sinnoh League...so maybe that's why I wasn't really upset when he lost.
    Yeah. The whole Ash vs. Paul was by far the best part of Diamond & Pearl. Paul was the best thing to happen to this show since Wobbuffet.

Someone mentioned that Tobias could have the legendary beasts. I have always thought that the Entei in the intro is Tobias and got shocked when he didn't use it, lol.

But this episode just proves that Pikachu is hell of a strong pokémon, despite what people says.

The thing that makes me most dissapointed is Ash's party. Come on, Torkoal and Gible?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112