REVIEW: “The Semi-Final Frontier!” Review Thread

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: “The Semi-Final Frontier!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default “The Semi-Final Frontier!” Review Thread

Here we are, at the Semi-Final battle of the Sinnoh League. And what better matchup than Ash and Tobias?
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Default Re: “The Semi-Final Frontier!” Review Thread

Ash vs. Trollbias, nice battle, it is good to see Sceptile again, haven't seen him for so long.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Seems like this episode will have no dub music....why!?

sigh...

Too clarify, this is my least favorite episode. It would been better if the last 3 episodes had no dub music....
    Last edited by Yoshi-san; 22nd January 2011 at 08:19 AM.

lol @ trollbias ^^

hat turn awesomeness ftw

Tobias' voice really isn't half bad. Although, when Sceptile is being hit by dream eater, Satoshi yelling "Wake up, Jukain!" sounded more dramatic than Ash screaming, "Wake up, Sceptile!" Anyone else feel that way?

... Why is Ash using such bad Pokemon?

I am not liking how they used CG in this, did Luster Purge have to be CG animated?

Tobias's VA is who?

And why does no one question Tobias with his use of all legendaries?
    Last edited by 63cohen; 22nd January 2011 at 08:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

"The Semi-Final Frontier!"
    That dude wasted no time usin' his Darkrai to bad even with sleep talk he couldnt win Heracross was beaten with one hit. Wow TORKOAL I HAVENT SEEN THAT POKE SINCE THE BATTLE FRONTIER, I dont member it's voice bein' that bad though too bad it was beaten by one attack with flamethrower not bein' useful that pokes suppose to have awesome defense. Wow Gible is the first to get a good hit n' probably cause' it's been trainin' it's so epic watchin' Darkrai dodge Draco Meteor n' he's down for the count too bad it looked like it was bout' to get up. He defeated 3 of his pokes with one hit n' 6 minutes. Do Meowth's ryhmes this ep seem a bit more buttery n' slick? SCEPTILE THAT WAS HIS STRONGEST HOENN POKE AINT SEEN HIM IN A LONG TIME! Still retainin' that awesome speed. It learned Leaf Storm cool but I still dont see how sayin' "Sceptile no" while bitin' your lip is gonna help your poke win. That Darkrai from what I can tell can use Ice Beam Dark Void Dream Eater n' some other attack. It wasnt beaten by one attack good but it was put to sleep by the dark type sing attack only with a void. Dream Eater looks heart cuttin' reminds me of the movie. Theirs that awesome Leaf Blade it looked like hell. Now that Darkrai's down it should be easier since he'll be goin' up gainst' normal pokes. Cool ball release by Tobias/Takuto(?). Holy hell isnt that the legendary jhoto poke Latios shit damn. That thing easily overpowered Sceptile. Swellow! a bird against Latios somethin' tells me it might not win but Swellow is fast that's true. Aerial Ace is as good as ever. But Swellow was beaten in one hit how'd he get two legendary pokes did he go to the game events? It's been a while since I saw him turn his hat around n' call Pikachu like that it's cool they brought that up but I wonder why he didnt use any of his Sinnoh Pokes Inferape n' Gliscor woulda been smarter choices. Pikachu took a Giga Impact! Two Giga Impacts! But you'd think he'd know Iron Tail wouldnt work on a strong attack like that. Pikachu's gotten fast it's been long since Ive seen a Thunderbolt on a flyin' type cool strategy now GO DOWN Latios! It's been so long since he's relied on Thunderbolt for the finishin' move he usually uses VoltTackle. Theres the volt tackle we all know n' love awesome it's goin' right through Luster Purge Pikachu's so strong it caused the electricy n' wirin' to mess up. That's such a tragic scene least' Pikachu beat Latios it was a scene I was expectin' Ash/Satoshi to cry since he did at his first League. That music that plays when Tobias/Takuto is gettin' the trophy I havent heard that since Johto it's so sad. It reminds me of how he began at Dawn's town n' got Starly so much has happened. I noticed a lotta Japanese music in this ep TPCi were savin' the music for this ep awesome. Brock/Takeishi seems to be wonderin' bout' his future I wonder what he'll do.

Meowth:CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR!TPCIIIIIIIIIIII YOU MENTIONED A DRUG IN YOUR DUB WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW THAT'S AWESOME! 4KIDS WOULDA MESSED THAT UP! MAYBE THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU!

Blog Entries

Ladies and Gentleman, our first episode of Season 13 to keep all its Japanese music! And not a Sinnoh League too late...

Anyway, this episode was epic. It was nice seeing it in English to explain all the non-battle stuff. I'm kind of happy Tobias is a nice guy instead of a Smug Snake or a Jerkass.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Cool battle

Ash losing was obviously expected though..
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    [B]
    Meowth:CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR!TPCIIIIIIIIIIII YOU MENTIONED A DRUG IN YOUR DUB WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW THAT'S AWESOME! 4KIDS WOULDA MESSED THAT UP! MAYBE THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU!
    -_-

That's an actual saying

OF course they would use it >_>

Blog Entries

According to a different forum, J. Michael Tatum voiced Tobias. You might recognize him as Kyoya from Ouran High School Host Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambipom666 View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman, our first episode of Season 13 to keep all its Japanese music! And not a Sinnoh League too late...
    Well, there was also DP162.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post

Cool battle

Ash losing was obviously expected though..

-_-

That's an actual saying

OF course they would use it >_>
    Oh still didnt seem 'em mentionin' a drug.

I really need to do catch up with the dub... last ep I watched was Ash VS Nando... since that I mainly watched Johto eps in my rewatch
    Nice to know they kept all BGM in this one! I just hope they'll keep the BGM version of "Kimi no Mune ni lalala" in the final ep...
    I really think all the hate for Tobias is a little exaggerated... yeah, it's a little crazy to show us a regular trainer that randomly uses legendaries and it's sad there was no backstory or explanation about this at all - but it IS nice to see for a change that a regular trainer CAN catch one, even if it's extremely rare that something like that happen... also nice that Ash got to battle some legendaries, that's something we don't get to see so often... so I'm ok with this, only that I'd prefer Ash to use mainly his Johto team in this battle with Toto evolving and being the one to beat Darkrai but... whatever, already got over that...

Blog Entries

I think I caught some music from the Darkrai movie at the scene were Darkra battles it's like the scene were the tower of Space n' Time collaspes n' Buizel n' Buneary use Ice Beam to make stairs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post
    According to a different forum, J. Michael Tatum voiced Tobias. You might recognize him as Kyoya from Ouran High School Host Club.

Well, there was also DP162.
    Touche. But without the title card music, there is NOTHING.

LOL at Brock finally realizing he hasn't been doing that much for the past 4 or 5 regions or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Ash vs. Trollbias, nice battle, it is good to see Sceptile again, haven't seen him for so long.
    Didn't T4K coin that nickname for Takuto/Tobias?

Anyway, the battle was all that I had expected judging from the episode pictures that I saw a few months ago. I think I actually feel sorry for Ash. He put up a great fight against Paul, only to be beaten by Tobias and his Legendary Pokemon. I'm glad that Ash managed to defeat Darkrai and Latios at least; it was better than him losing without defeating at least one of Tobias's Pokemon.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

:( Brock.....
    Nice episode, if a little upsetting.
    I don't really care about Tobias - like, it doesn't matter to me if he was the reason Ash lost the league.

-sigh-.. two episodes left.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast