REVIEW: “A Real Rival Rouser!” Review Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: “A Real Rival Rouser!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “A Real Rival Rouser!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Justice View Post
    Yeah since poison is similar to burn in the games and how burn was portrayed in the previous battle I thought the purple energy would flash everytime a move was done.
    Me too, I mean if you poison someone or burn them you should at least let it show. I mean Urasring was only shown to be burned after it was affected by Blaze Kick, but after that it didn't show up again. Despite it using multiple moves after, it was not shown to be taking any damage again from it.

Aagron was different it was shown to be burned but was knocked out on the next turn. Drapion in the upcoming episode was knocked out because it was burned like Staraptor was knocked out after it got poisoned.

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Me too, I mean if you poison someone or burn them you should at least let it show. I mean Urasring was only shown to be burned after it was affected by Blaze Kick, but after that it didn't show up again. Despite it using multiple moves after, it was not shown to be taking any damage again from it.

Aagron was different it was shown to be burned but was knocked out on the next turn. Drapion in the upcoming episode was knocked out because it was burned like Staraptor was knocked out after it got poisoned.
    In the end though the staff probably wanted to save some cash and finish the episode rather than do the whole viewers are goldfish thing. Still doesn't explain why Brock explains the most basic things every battle though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Justice View Post
    In the end though the staff probably wanted to save some cash and finish the episode rather than do the whole viewers are goldfish thing. Still doesn't explain why Brock explains the most basic things every battle though.
    Yeah, that's true profit over substance strikes again...and yeah that does get annoying

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I really don't get why Torterra wasn't given a win.

It makes it look like everything Torterra did in the series, (since it was a Turtwig), amounted to nothing. Its even more strange when you realize Torterra never won a single battle in its final form, not counting a TR blast-off.
    Really surprised they didn't follow up on the Honchkrow/Turtwig/Grotle rivalry. That was a pretty big highlight of Ash and Paul's last full battle. Then again, who would've expected Paul to use a really random team...
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456