REVIEW: “A Real Rival Rouser!” Review Thread

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “A Real Rival Rouser!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default “A Real Rival Rouser!” Review Thread

After an extremely long wait during the Holiday Season, the battle between Ash and Paul finally continues!
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:42 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: “A Real Rival Rouser!” Review Thread

A good episode

many game rules being broken (as usual)

But otherwise a good battle

Blog Entries

The battle is getting really intense! I'm enjoying it.

9.9 points out of 10

Blog Entries

I really like this episode.
    But the dub version let me down a little.
    Also, until someone digs up the music thread from 3 weeks ago, they were only 4 pieces of music from the Japanese version.
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 8th January 2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Correcting an error

Quote Originally Posted by Ambipom666 View Post
    I really like this episode.
    But the dub version let me down a little.
    Also, until someone digs up the music thread from 3 weeks ago, I only counted 3 pieces of music from the Japanese version.
    The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread

They changed some lines. Like, for instance in the raw, Paul said Aggron and Gastrodon volunteered to go down first. In the dub, Paul said he decided to let them go down first. There's a difference.

I liked how the narrator said, "The heat is on as the battle continues." Foreshadowing of the big explosion of a fight in the next episode?

Blog Entries

I also found it weird how Barry called Drapion a "tough cookie". I've heard the phrase, but I thought it was only used to describe women.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post

many game rules being broken (as usual)
    Personally, I think it's for the best. Some game mechanics wouldn't work in an Anime or any TV show or book.

Plus, it makes the battles more smooth.

Blog Entries

Many rules are broken in many Pokémon battles. It's whatever gives the trainer the advantage he or she wants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miju Miju View Post

They changed some lines. Like, for instance in the raw, Paul said Aggron and Gastrodon volunteered to go down first. In the dub, Paul said he decided to let them go down first. There's a difference.

I liked how the narrator said, "The heat is on as the battle continues." Foreshadowing of the big explosion of a fight in the next episode?
    So, Paul's 'mons have affection for him and are willing to work with him? Thank you dub, for ruining some nice characterization.

If there's one gripe I have this awesome episode, it'd be how Torterra just kind of stands there after using Synthesis and gets knocked out. But in order for Infernape to take out several of Paul's Pokemon by itself, I guess there was going to be a fall guy. The designated fall guy, appearently.
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 8th January 2011 at 09:32 AM.

Blog Entries

I really liked the move Infernape came up with in order to eliminate Poison Spikes. It's a shame that we don't have the liberty to do that in the games, though.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

As petty as it may sounds, the biggest line change I thought was Ash saying "Nobody's like you, Paul" rather than "You're amazing, Paul."

Meeeehhh....

Loved this episode! The Froslass battle is actually one of my favorites in the league. Yukimenoko's snowcloak ability is really cool, they could have done more with that. And freeze lasted about the same amount as it does in the games :P

I'm glad they finally decided to keep the echo effect on the voices

As much as I didn't really care for Torterra, I did think that its fall was kinda unfair. He seemed to be holding pretty well against Drapion and that synthesis should have done SOMETHING.

If I had to change the win quota, Torterra would win against Drapion and lost to ninjask, Gliscor would have won against Ninjask and Infernape wouldn't have been brought out.

But, it's not a big deal...I guess they did what they had to to make sure that the Infernape vs. Electavire showdown happened.

I know that some people might think that Flare blitz destroying the toxic spikes was cheap, but I love it when the anime takes artistic liberties like that...it just makes sense XD

Quote Originally Posted by Urara-san View Post
    I also found it weird how Barry called Drapion a "tough cookie". I've heard the phrase, but I thought it was only used to describe women.
    Uh...no, I use the term "tough cookie" for a variety of things XD

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    The only times I've ever heard the term "tough cookie" were describing females. I guess I learned something new.

Blog Entries

Ash and Paul weren't standing directly on the battlefield, they were standing on the sides of it. It makes some sense.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miju Miju View Post

So once again the English dub goes out of its way to make Paul seem like an ass to the end

Great job there TCPi

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    As petty as it may sounds, the biggest line change I thought was Ash saying "Nobody's like you, Paul" rather than "You're amazing, Paul."

Meeeehhh....

Loved this episode! The Froslass battle is actually one of my favorites in the league. Yukimenoko's snowcloak ability is really cool, they could have done more with that. And freeze lasted about the same amount as it does in the games :P

I'm glad they finally decided to keep the echo effect on the voices

As much as I didn't really care for Torterra, I did think that its fall was kinda unfair. He seemed to be holding pretty well against Drapion and that synthesis should have done SOMETHING.

If I had to change the win quota, Torterra would win against Drapion and lost to ninjask, Gliscor would have won against Ninjask and Infernape wouldn't have been brought out.

But, it's not a big deal...I guess they did what they had to to make sure that the Infernape vs. Electavire showdown happened.

I know that some people might think that Flare blitz destroying the toxic spikes was cheap, but I love it when the anime takes artistic liberties like that...it just makes sense XD

Thanks for the spoiler now I know which two pokes r gonna make it to the finals.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast