“An Old Family Blend!” Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “An Old Family Blend!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “An Old Family Blend!” Review Thread

I absolutley love this episode! It's awesome to see pokemon like Totodile, Snorlax, Bayleaf, Herracross, and ESPECIALLY Cyndaquil! I felt so bad for Cyndaquil being chased through the episode and I love watching him evolve into my all time favorite pokemon Quilava!!! Quilava's voice was fricken cute! Unfortunatley he gets screwed over in League Unleashed. IF ONLY THEY COULD CUT OUT THE TEAM ROCKET BULLCRAP AND ADD A MINUTE OF FIGHTING(Quilava doing awesome!)!!!

But this episode is just so fricken awesome!

Blog Entries

Really, I would've liked it better if Cyndaquil would've evolved through some league training. We could've seen Ash's old Pokémon around Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!. It would've been better to me if Cyndaquil would've evolved being used in Ash and Kenny's battle instead of Buizel.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good episode of course, but I really have nothing to comment otherwise. The "prelude to the league" episode is basically what this is. And we're all getting pumped.
    Of course, I am glad that Cyndaquil finally evolved. That was a bit surprising.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

really enjoyed this ep. Though i wish Barry was more involved (im so in love with that annoying blonde boy ;P) and that Torkoal got any decent screen time :'(

But the light show was spectacular! :D

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J-J-M View Post
    Seriously though, who would have ever thought Cyndaquil would come back after being ignored for almost a decade and then actually evolving? You would think it was done with after Johto.
    Yeah, but who cares? Quilava gets 30 seconds of screentime in the league and then we never see it again.

It was just the writers apologizing for the awful Johto arc as usual and all the things we should have gotten 10 years ago.

Too little, too late. Now that HGSS is over, Ash's Johto Pokemon will again fade away into obscurity like how AG swept them aside like the mistakes they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Yeah, but who cares? Quilava gets 30 seconds of screentime in the league and then we never see it again.

It was just the writers apologizing for the awful Johto arc as usual and all the things we should have gotten 10 years ago.

Too little, too late. Now that HGSS is over, Ash's Johto Pokemon will again fade away into obscurity like how AG swept them aside like the mistakes they were.
    Cyndaquil's evolution was just really out of left field. It was needed because of never evolving, but the johto festival/lyra/khoury arc would've been better suited for the evolution.

I do agree with Gliscor that this ep does seem a bit pointless for some of the cameos. {Like Muk and Glalie.} But I do think it was nice to see them.

One thing that did bug me though is how Dawn didn't let out her Cyndaquil to meet Ash's. I mean, I know this is Ash's league and all, but that wouldn't take up much screen time I don't think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post

One thing that did bug me though is how Dawn didn't let out her Cyndaquil to meet Ash's. I mean, I know this is Ash's league and all, but that wouldn't take up much screen time I don't think.
    I remember thinking about that too. If you remember, Ash's Squirtle and May's Squirtle only had a 10 second meeting in those last Battle Pyramid eps. Of course the two Bulbasaurs got an entire episode.

I guess they didn't want to make the connection here. Dawn's Cynda and Ash's Cynda aren't too different in personality anyway.

Blog Entries

Heh, seeing Cyndaquil evolve was nice, too bad it's screentime got screwed in the league in favor of some uneeded TRio antics.

I expect Ash to have a Typhosion at some point down the line in future sagas.

Blog Entries

I actually really would've like to see the two Cyndaquil meet.

Heh, seeing Cyndaquil evolve was nice, too bad it's screentime got screwed in the league in favor of some uneeded TRio antics.
    And they were definatley unecessary and they should've rethought screwing Quilava over, or someone should've edited that out and replaced it with a minute and a half of Quilava vs. Armaldo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I expect Ash to have a Typhosion at some point down the line in future sagas.
    You do? Considering HGSS did absolutely nothing to make the writers give Ash's Johto starters good screentime, or even a battle, I honestly can't think of anything in the future that will.

DP was the last chance for the writers to give Johto its proper due, and it seems Noctowl is the only one that got it, (Heracross and Donphan were already viewed as strong), and the Johto starters were neglected again.

The writers basically pissed all over them. I've never seen the writers have such obvious disdain for a set of pokemon like they did here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J-J-M View Post
    What was up with the whole "Bayleef smells spicy" (seriously, spicy?) bit anyway? Don't remember anything like that ever being brought up before.
    Bayleef's Pokedex entry mentions that a spicy scent emanates from its neck. It's just the writers being incredibly nice to Ash as he knows facts about Pokemon he's owned.

In fact in the Snorlax "filler" episode in AG, Ash seemed to know Snorlax usually reside in mountains (despite catching his on an island).

Blog Entries

I do agree with Gliscor that this ep does seem a bit pointless for some of the cameos. {Like Muk and Glalie.} But I do think it was nice to see them.
    Yeah, we could've had them appear way before the league. Maybe sometime during the Lyra and Khoury arc we could've seen them.

Blog Entries

Its interesting to note that Totodile is now probably Ash's overall weakest Pokemon in his entire lineup.

Every other Pokemon has either evolved or remained powerful in their base stage, (like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Corphish and Buizel), meanwhile poor Totodile is the odd one out.

They should have just had Misty get Totodile back in Johto, Ash didn't do anything with it.

Oh, Johto, now we're sitting here 10 years later wonder why Ash has the Johto starters in his lineup. They're so outclassed by all of Ash's other teams that you might as well say they are just there to run around Oak's lab. I bet the writers were saying, "What were we thinking 10 years ago?" when making this episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Oh, Johto, now we're sitting here 10 years later wonder why Ash has the Johto starters in his lineup. They're so outclassed by all of Ash's other teams that you might as well say they are just there to run around Oak's lab. I bet the writers were saying, "What were we thinking 10 years ago?" when making this episode.
    Ten years ago, those Pokémon were all that and awesome because they were new. Nowadays, that same thing has happened three times with the starters and this has made the other starters fall back in popularity.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast