“For the Love of Meowth!” Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “For the Love of Meowth!” Review Thread

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Default Re: “For the Love of Meowth!” Review Thread

I laughed when Meowth realised Purugly was Glameow, but evolved, and the egg-timer sounding noise went off and random objects started exploding, haha.

Anyway, despite what everyone else says, I liked this episode - it was funny and something different.

Blog Entries

Ummm...TR, you've gone after more than Pikachu zillions of times. I'll say it again, the smartest COTD ever. "Got what bad?" Oh, Ash. o.o It wraps it's tail around it's waist? Pretty nice ep. Kickbutt Meowth is awesome.
    Step into the Fairy circle

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life
    boring filler. Like Meowth never had a love interest (Female Meowth, season 1)
    So he's only allowed one love interest, ever?

Also, he had a thing for Skitty in Hoenn for one episode.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    So he's only allowed one love interest, ever?

Also, he had a thing for Skitty in Hoenn for one episode.
    But why does it have to be Meowth three times? I would like to see James take a liking to a girl one day. It doesn't have to be Jessie.

I thought this episode was actually quite good. I have stopped caring about BGM a long time ago. Despite what others say, I think Team Rocket had some funny lines in this. Jessie reading Meowth's letter was my favorite part. I also liked:

Jessie: Here's the deal: whoever finds [Meowth and Glameow] keeps them both!
    James: Since we'll find them first, that's fair!

Yes, that line may seem kind of lame to others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket View Post
    But why does it have to be Meowth three times? I would like to see James take a liking to a girl one day. It doesn't have to be Jessie.
    There was this episode back in AG as well as this one not too long ago. Yeah, the latter was a flashback, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket View Post
    I also liked:

Jessie: Here's the deal: whoever finds [Meowth and Glameow] keeps them both!
    James: Since we'll find them first, that's fair!

Yes, that line may seem kind of lame to others.
    I thought that was one of the funnier lines of the episode.

lol now isn't this a HUGE coincidence?
    This episode was all about love , and I'm going to have a date with a really pretty girl tonight as well. This world really is crazy!

OK ,please excuse me but considering the circumstances you'll understand that am not able to post a long review today.

What did I like best about this week's episode? Well, it was awesome to have an episode being centered around our little Rocket-friend. I especially liked him imagining himself to ride a Rapidash like a prince or when he bravely fought against those seemingly superior Pokemon. Oh yeah love is a powerful force which sometimes makes you go beyond yourself and your own limits.

And last but not least, Glameow evolving in the arguably ugliest Pokemon ever, Purugly, and Meowth facing the painful truth cracked me up. Best scenes of the whole episode. Oh man , I almost felt pity for the unfortunate lover and his shattered dreams. Move on Meowth, the pain of lost love will be over soon!

OK then wish me luck for my own date and see you soon ;)

7 out of 10 points
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    I especially liked him imagining himself to ride a Rapidash like a prince
    Glameow was the one imagining that. Hence why it was so goofy.

That poor, dense boy is still indifferent to love :P At least Dawn seems to be the first girl to be like "you know what? I'm not gonna bother anymore." Good for her :P
    He was always that dense, and is still that dense when it's been like how many years since the first season he is STILL indifferent to love...

I laughed when Meowth realised Purugly was Glameow, but evolved, and the egg-timer sounding noise went off and random objects started exploding, haha.
    That was the FUNNIEST part in the episode.

I actually thought this was a pretty good episode, and damn it people if you want to talk about music keep to the music discussion please.

Not the best Meowth/love episode, but yeah it was pretty good.

Because Ash will always love Misty and Misty will always love Ash.

I'm a pokeshipper and I'm proud to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper15 View Post
    He was always that dense, and is still that dense when it's been like how many years since the first season he is STILL indifferent to love...

That was the FUNNIEST part in the episode.
    Dag, I knew there was a funnier part to the episode.

Blog Entries

My favorite part of the episode was when Jessie removed Purugly's tail from around its body. Why did she do that anyway?

I didn't think the episode was too bad, it had its funny moments. I didn't watch the original version of this episode so I have nothing to compare it with.

Blog Entries

Eh when Staraptor showed up was a lot better than in the original (though it was one of my favorite parts of the episode).

But yeah the random exploding stuff was great.

But still I really dislike this episode outside of a few scenes. Those who said the dub was bad, must've saw a different episode in the original, because to me dub, original, it's still a boring episode to me.

Personally I think its because of the placement of this episode that makes me dislike it so much, I mean NOW they decide to do something like this? I'm sure an episode devoted to a Pokemon that hasn't debuted in the anime would've been preferable, but I guess they had to make a Team Rocket-centric episode, and I guess it was Meowth's turn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Glameow was the one imagining that. Hence why it was so goofy.
    Well, I expected it to have a second part imagined by Meowth that was less goofy and more triumphant.

This is probaly one of my least favorite fillers during the league saga. However every episode dealing with love, Ash seems just as oblivious as everXD
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering that we have had so many love-oriented Meowth episodes in the past, naturally I should be a bit skeptical as to how the writers will be able to pull it off.

Meowth falls in love with the Glameow after being tended to (similar to the time when fell in love with a human). Meowth tricks his friends into capturing the Glameow, not for the sake of their boss but for himself.

After the Glameow is caught, Meowth keeps contemplating about how she would constantly get hurt in battles against the twerps; he escapes along with Glameow while writing a note of departure to his friends. (Isn't this a bit familiar?)

The COTD (Glameow's trainer) works together with Ash and co. to save Glameow. After running into Team Rocket and discovering Glameow's whereabouts, the humans use their pokemon to trap the duo. Meowth uses the "power of love" to defeat the pokemon, but Carnivine's Bullet Seed allows Glameow to garner enough strength to evolve.

Once Meowth finds out that Glameow's evolution is fat and wanted food, Meowth's love for the creature disappates. He does nothing more but send Purugly his regards and gets blasted off alongside the trio (returning back to square one).

It wasn't a bad episode, but this has been done before. Meowth is almost as much of a flirt as Brock. He was willing to go out of his way to leave Team Rocket in almost any of these circumstances for the sake of his "love."

I hope that this is the last episode to use this recycled plot.

This episode was not without its pluses, however. It was good seeing Meowth defeat a lot of the group's pokemon with little to no effort. After Glameow evolves, Meowth envisions seeing his dreams and goals crash before him (hence everything exploding).

Mamie is one of the smartest COTDs in the series. She's one of the rare few with enough common sense to actually return her trapped pokemon to its ball.

One last thing to add, why must there always be a crossroads when a travelling COTD goes his/her separate ways?
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 23rd October 2010 at 05:49 PM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Because it's the simplest way to show the parting of ways?

I'm honestly not seeing the hate some of you guys seem to have for this episode. So what if the plot is reminiscent of an episode that aired thirteen years ago? Why is that so awful?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast