“A Grand Fight for Winning!” Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: “A Grand Fight for Winning!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “A Grand Fight for Winning!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I was actually talking about the main characters competing in a League or a GF. The writers never let them win. It's become pretty depressing and too damn predictable.
    While that is true, they actually have a point. They want to show how people react to losses, and show their audience that losing is okay. Though they seem to go overboard at times by having them lose all the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumaru View Post
    Though they seem to go overboard at times by having them lose all the time.
    I can understand if it's once in a while but all the time is pretty sad. Can't they show that you can win a tournament but sometimes lose to someone better later on? We get it! Everyone loses at times. No need to remind us all the figgin' time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Wait, they actually made a brand new song? Cause I don't remember any song like that... I'd expect them to just use an old song (like how they used "I'll Always Remember You" from Movie 10 in the Gliscor ep) but if they bothered to make a new song just for this ep it's awesome! hope that happens more often from now on
    It was a little odd for me. I tend to multitask a lot, so I was on my computer. The song was a little faint so I wasn't sure where it was coming from at first. When I realized it was the TV, it was pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001 View Post
    It was a little odd for me. I tend to multitask a lot, so I was on my computer. The song was a little faint so I wasn't sure where it was coming from at first. When I realized it was the TV, it was pretty cool.
    It was the same for me, but eventually I was able to hear some lyrics fuch as "...for...", so it takes a while to get used to.

One thing I like about this ep, is how it's proof positive that the dub really has improved. Most dubs get a lot of crap, and fairly so, but I don't think Pokemon is one of them anymore.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't believe this is the last time we've ever going to see Mr. Contesta or Sukizo.

Its hard to believe we've been seeing those two for 8 years.

Blog Entries

Great episode. It was great to see Dawn and Zoey give it their all. Their battle is definitely one of my favorites.

Though, it is a shame that there will be no more contests. It was such a great element to the show. Oh well. Seeing Dawn make it all the way to runner up in the GF is a great conclusion to them.

10/10

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I can't believe this is the last time we've ever going to see Mr. Contesta or Sukizo.

Its hard to believe we've been seeing those two for 8 years.
    Maybe not, what if they appear to host the musicals?

And one thing I forgot to mention, why did Nando look so mysterious in this episode?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The last group shot where Dawn thanks all her Pokemon for their hard work, it looked incomplete without Ambipom there.

Just sayin'. Ambipom did win her a ribbon after all.

Blog Entries

after watching the Japanese version again and again, the dub felt like it was done by amateurs fans.I am really disappointed, TPCI.

Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell the problems how big your God is..
    The awesome banner is by Blazaking EX.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

^ Hmm, I thought the dub did a good job. The new song they made was nice too. I thought the dub was as good as the Japanese version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    ^ Hmm, I thought the dub did a good job. The new song they made was nice too. I thought the dub was as good as the Japanese version.
    Same here. TPCi may not be the best dubbing company but they are pretty good.

I especially love Ultimate Challenge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The last group shot where Dawn thanks all her Pokemon for their hard work, it looked incomplete without Ambipom there.

Just sayin'. Ambipom did win her a ribbon after all.
    Ambipom won her two ribbons, the Aqua Ribbon and the Celestic Ribbon, but the former was in the appeals round, so really I don't know if you count that.

And also, she's competed in four contests with Dawn, and even in one with Ash and an unofficial one with Jessie.

Blog Entries

This episode was amazing! After watching it in English, I rather enjoy it more, because I knew they would dub it well. It was an amazing episode, both Dawn and Zoey had an amazing rivalry, and I'm not at all disappointed in the results. If Zoey was a bitch, then I'd want her to lose, but she was such a great friend to Dawn, despite being her rival. That made her awesome in my book, and completely deserved of the Ribbon Cup.

I love how Johanna said that they were pretty much even, which almost showed in the point bar towards the end. I've never been so excited to see Dawn in a battle like this before, especially in Japanese, because at that time, I had no idea who the winner was.

I love how this is the final battle of the Grand Festival, and Dawn and Zoey could say that they were there, and their promise was fulfilled. This was one of my favorite episodes, and I am so so so glad Dawn said, "I'm Ok" after losing, that shows how far she's come. Dawn is an amazing person, and coordinator, and I can't wait to see her one day hopefully cameo in BW, whether there is a contest or not.

Dawn is one of the greatest characters this show has ever produced, and whether she won or not, she is amazing, and doesn't need a Champion Title to tell her that, I mean, look at Ash and May, they're not giving up.

I also love the idea of Togekiss being used in the final, Dawn just got it, however, had faith in it, and did very good with it. <3 her, and Togekiss. Piplup did good, and Gallade looked awesome. Glameow is so adorable. I love Glameow, and happy Zoey won using it. Zoey is an amazing coordinator, and I have to give credit where credit is due, and say her win was well deserved.

Zoey was one of the major reasons this Grand Festival was so awesome. I'll miss Zoey, and absolutely and especially Dawn. Even though this anime, you can learn a lot from Dawn and Zoey's rivalry. Being a good person can get you far in life, and nice guys and girls don't finish last! <3

Amazing Episode! A++

Blog Entries

While Dawn vs Zoey wasn't too bad or anything, it's still a pretty forgettable battle. Other than the epic climax (who could not like it!?) there really weren't any stand-out moments, unlike Nando vs Zoey which pretty much had awesome combinations one after the other.

Kinda depressing when Marian says she'll see everyone in the next Pokémon contest. That's never going to happen...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast