“A Grand Fight for Winning!” Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: “A Grand Fight for Winning!” Review Thread

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: “A Grand Fight for Winning!” Review Thread

Actually not a bad episode. I liked the battle and it kept me interested. :P
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

How much JP music did they keep? I heard Symphonic Medley 2 for sure.

Proud Hetalia Fangirl ♥ EdelsteinBraginski_'s Avatar
    In Austria, hanging out with Mr. Roderich Edelstein. LOL.
    Blog Entries

A really nice episode. It was sad to see Dawn lose, even though I don't like her, I was actually sad.

Axis Powers: Hetalia<3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post
    How much JP music did they keep? I heard Symphonic Medley 2 for sure.
    Only seven pieces, and they added an insert song.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumaru View Post
    Still, compared to others, it's a fair amount. I still wanna see an HD pic of the credits, as tiny as they are, to see the song's name.

Blog Entries

Awesome battle! It was just... cool. The great animation really helped.

8 if you count Nando's harp. TPCi actually didn't replace a lot of music... Not including the title theme and Dawn's theme, TPCi only replaced two pieces. One of them was "Last Battle!" from Movie 6, but hey.

I'm just glad they kept Pokemon Symphonic Medley 2 and As Long as I Can Hold My Breath. I really didn't think TPCi would keep PSM2.

Oh man, Iwane could take a dump and it'd still be the most beautifully animated thing I'd ever seen. O_O

Blog Entries

In terms of everything overall, this battle was superior to Nando vs Zoey (which didn't make me feel as nervous and as exciting as this battle did. Although I'd credit to the song that was playing near the end; which surprised me actually. Since most time PCI doesn't bother with vocal songs and only use them in rare cases. There should be 2-3 more times I'd like this. Ash's Final Badge Battle, And Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League, also while it is optional (since it isn't as important) I'd still like to see another vocal song with the match prior to Ash vs Paul (since that had one in the original).

As for the battle itself, maybe Zoey and Nando might have been slightly superior (overall). But that last colliding of attacks (red aura peck and boosted psycho cut) did was far better than anything that happened in Nando vs Zoey, not to mention we got artistic still shots which were really nice.

I really enjoyed this episode, normally Dawn's contests don't impress me but this one and the Nando V.S Zoey one are my favorites. I loved a few of Dawn's moves, Zoey keeps impressing me though so I'm glad she won. Animation and music was really great and I kept intrest in the battle the entire time. So, yah over all a good episode, I'll miss contests a bit but they weren't my favorite parts of the series so..
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

So, I'm back from Las Vegas (man, I had a blast) and ready to comment on this week's episode.

I'd like to call it a worthy finale and appropriate conclusion of the contests in general.
    The battle itself was very exciting and I couldn't detect any logical flaws (my speciality after all ^^) We also got a good amount of farewell-scenes that were long enough to end the Grand Festival on a positive note. I've never been a big fan of contests because many combinations or appeals ended up being logically flawed and often made me complain, but well, everything's well that ends well, right?

Just a few remarks about things that struck me as interesting:
    - What was the big deal about Zoey's diversionary tactic. To be honest, if I were Dawn, she wouldn't have fooled me, because I saw no profound strategy in this move at all. Besides, it didn't yield any decisive results either. I would have kept aiming at my opponents regardless of what they were pretending to do and so, I couldn't see how any of the things Zoey came up with could have distracted Dawn

- Also, during their final move when Galade jumped on Glameow's tail, Zoey told the latter to use Shadow Ball, however, the move that the Pokemon used clearly resembled an electric move. Considering that the only two electric move Glameow can learn are Thunderbolt and Thunder, this must be a pretty bad translation mistake. Didn't you realize it?

All in all, a decent and entertaining episode which I definitely enjoyed watching!

7.5/ 8 out of 10 points
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

You know, while I don't mind Dawn losing, I do mind that fact that the main characters that have a goal lose the regional tournament over and over and over and over and over again. Have the main character lose the final battle once every other league or GF would be fine but every time?

The writers are really keen on telling us that our heroes don't always win again and again.

You know, while I don't mind Dawn losing, I do mind that fact that the main characters that have a goal lose the regional tournament over and over and over and over and over again. Have the main character lose the final battle once every other league or GF would be fine but every time?

The writers are really keen on telling us that our heroes don't always win again and again.
    Yeah, you're right. She did lose, but she acted real mature about it. She didn't cry and pout, and it shows that she won't always win. Although it sucks that no main girl will ever win the GF just like ASH NEVER WINS HIS LEAGUES LOL...

A great sendoff for contests, I'll be sad to see contests go.......

Because Ash will always love Misty and Misty will always love Ash.

I'm a pokeshipper and I'm proud to be one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper15 View Post
    Yeah, you're right. She did lose, but she acted real mature about it.
    Yeah, that's something to be glad about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Yeah, but there are times when they do win eventually, like Ash vs. Paul when he didn't win until the last battle.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but there are times when they do win eventually, like Ash vs. Paul when he didn't win until the last battle.
    I was actually talking about the main characters competing in a League or a GF. The writers never let them win. It's become pretty depressing and too damn predictable.

I don't mind that Dawn lost but having her win would've been unpredictable. And before you say that she couldn't have, let me remind you that this was decided by writers not fate itself.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast