“The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World!” Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: “The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World!” Review Thread

Default Re: “The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru Chinka View Post
    Please, this isn't Kanto.
    Oh well, although I love Sinnoh more than all the other regions , I must say that the writers already made some mistakes that remind me of Kanto-like plot devices, for example, illogical results during contests. So why shouldn't Volkner be another Brock or Misty when it comes to giving away badges
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Oh well, although I love Sinnoh more than all the other regions , I must say that the writers already made some mistakes that remind me of Kanto-like plot devices, for example, illogical results during contests. So why shouldn't Volkner be another Brock or Misty when it comes to giving away badges
    'Cause you know, pity badges are one of the biggest complaints about Kanto and Sinnoh has largely focused on training to achieve your goals?

Edit: Oh and I bet the reason why he said that being their last battle is due to how close the Suzuran Conference is and the fact that Volkner already delayed the other challengers just for Ash. He's gotta get through the challengers if they want to make that league.
    Last edited by Iteru; 31st October 2010 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru Chinka View Post
    'Cause you know, pity badges are one of the biggest complaints about Kanto and Sinnoh has largely focused on training to achieve your goals?

Edit: Oh and I bet the reason why he said that being their last battle is due to how close the Suzuran Conference is and the fact that Volkner already delayed the other challengers just for Ash. He's gotta get through the challengers if they want to make that league.
    Yeah and that's why he would probably have given Ash the badge regardless of who won. Because he also has to face other challengers. So if you consider it as a "pity badge" or a sign of his appreciation for what Ash did for him is up to you.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Yeah and that's why he would probably have given Ash the badge regardless of who won. Because he also has to face other challengers. So if you consider it as a "pity badge" or a sign of his appreciation for what Ash did for him is up to you.
    Yeah....no. Volkner is a battler and I don't see why he would give Ash a free badge. Ash's determination to not lose is what inspired Volkner which is from a battling sense. I don't think Ash would accept a pity badge now anyway.

Also, Maylene didn't give Dawn a free badge yet she regained her confidence from Dawn =]

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Chandelier
    Seriously? In a month, though? Yes, I know that the Lily of the Valley Conference starts in just three episodes, but a month? A month? Three episodes is considered a month? Before, three episodes was considered less than ten days. The distance between the airing of these two episodes, are almost a month, yes I know that, but what if there was a country that aired episodes every weekday? Think about it, If a country airs this episode on July 11, 2011, for example, the Lily of the Valley Conference would begin on July 14, 2011. A month is a little too much time, if you ask me.

When these episodes aired in Japan (and most likely in the United States), they were three weeks apart. So why not just say in three weeks instead? The anime is really confusing at some points.
    I have no idea why you're acting as if one week in the real world = one week in the TV show. This series has never, ever been consistent with the way time flows.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

True, I mean Satoshi is still ten despite the 'Pikachu and Pichu' short taking place on the anniversary of Satoshi beginning his journey.

For anyone who is interested, here's the sequence of events that occur between this episode and the beginning of the league:

- End of this episode, Satoshi and friends learn that they need to catch a boat to Nagisa Port outside the gym at sunset.
    - The next day (due to the beginning of the episode taking place in the middle of the day, meaning the gang must have spent the night at a Pokemon Centre), Satoshi and friends reach the port to learn that the ferry had left and they would need to catch the next one which wouldn't be until the following day. Then blah blah Mikan, blah blah Satoshi vs. Kengo and then the gang catch the next ferry to Suzuran Island. But wait, considering that the gang spend the night at the Pokemon Centre again, does this mean Nagisa City has two?
    - Next it's the treasrue hunting adventure with Baku which takes place all within a day while the ferry refuels.
    - The gang reach Suzuran Island, and the Conference begins soon after.

So yeah, although it does take a month in real time I would say that in anime time the league started less than a week after Satoshi won the Beacon Badge.

i guess if we learn the ferry has to refuel for a day, the second ferry has to be a seperate one. that month statement from flint doesn't make sense considering how the events from 179 to 182 play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    James: "Let's try the back door. Works at home."

I thought we were done with the "James is a flaming gay man" jokes back with 4Kids lost the license to the series. No? OK!
    Heh. Sorry, Dogasu - I dislike TPCI's cruddy Team Rocket dialogue as much as the next guy, along with rewritten lines in general, but I found that an absolutely brilliant line.

All is forgiven, TPCI.
    Well, most.
    Some.
    The other bad lines in this episode.
    So.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    i guess if we learn the ferry has to refuel for a day, the second ferry has to be a seperate one. that month statement from flint doesn't make sense considering how the events from 179 to 182 play out.
    Don't tax your brain over it. This is Pokemon.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Heh. Sorry, Dogasu - I dislike TPCI's cruddy Team Rocket dialogue as much as the next guy, along with rewritten lines in general, but I found that an absolutely brilliant line.

All is forgiven, TPCI.
    Well, most.
    Some.
    The other bad lines in this episode.
    damn, now I really wish I hadn't missed this episode

Blog Entries

"Wheeeeeeeeee" says Brock.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant
    Who said I was complaining?

The main reason I brought those lines of dialogue up was to point out that all that "home" stuff was dub-only.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Well keep in mind traveling by boat is really slow. Not to mention we don't know how long Ash trained at the league. Plus there's all the people who registered for the league but nothing came of it. Maybe there was qualifying rounds but they just decided to skip them, and go straight the preliminary rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by J-J-M View Post
    "Wheeeeeeeeee" says Brock.
    I still can't believe people missed that considering how unlike Brock that pose is (well maybe it got old when the original episode came out and people got sick of commenting on it).

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    Well keep in mind traveling by boat is really slow. Not to mention we don't know how long Ash trained at the league. Plus there's all the people who registered for the league but nothing came of it. Maybe there was qualifying rounds but they just decided to skip them, and go straight the preliminary rounds.
    Yeah, I figure Satoshi spent the majority of the month training on Suzuran Island. The montage we get in DP 182 could have covered the rest of that month easily.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I still can't believe people missed that considering how unlike Brock that pose is (well maybe it got old when the original episode came out and people got sick of commenting on it).
    I guess he's just very happy Ash is in the league now. lol.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast