“With the Easiest of Grace!” Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: “With the Easiest of Grace!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “With the Easiest of Grace!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I always thought Gible was the only one on the show who didn't like Piplup besides me.
    It's not that Gible doesn't like Piplup, it just keeps striking Piplup... or is there a backstory?

Sorry for destroying your harmonic agreement when it comes to today's episode, but I personally wasn't that much fascinated by it.
    I hate the term "filler" because I consider it as somewhat derogatory, but this time the term does justice to the episode.
    Besides the good battle between my much-admired Gible and Togekiss and the undoubtedly great air battle, there was nothing spectacular or exciting in this episode. On the contrary, I dare say that it even proved that Ash and co. can sometimes be pretty slow on the uptake..
    Let's do some straight talking: What was the point of this week's episode? The conclusion that Dawn drew at the end (figuring out the meaning of Togekiss' graceful movements and how to use the latter in a battle effectively) were so obvious that the very same conclusion could have been drawn after a few seconds in the battles against Gible at the beginning. COME ON, TWERPS!!! That's what angers me, because our heroes are often shown to be so smart and creative and today it took them one entire episode to figure out the obvious?
    I'd like to call this "writers' inconsistency at its best" (once again... thank you, writers)
    Lucian would have figured that out in less than a second, as shown in "An Elite Meet And Greet". (And honestly, so would have done every skilled trainer a few moments later) Therefore, I'm slowly but surely starting to demand a Pokemon Anime revolving around the Elite Four and Cynthia exclusively (I'd do almost everything for that)

Yeah, as I already said, besides the two battles there was nothing to get excited about, thus only

6 out of 10 points.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Sorry for destroying your harmonic agreement when it comes to today's episode, but I personally wasn't that much fascinated by it.
    I hate the term "filler" because I consider it as somewhat derogatory, but this time the term does justice to the episode.
    Besides the good battle between my much-admired Gible and Togekiss and the undoubtedly great air battle, there was nothing spectacular or exciting in this episode. On the contrary, I dare say that it even proved that Ash and co. can sometimes be pretty slow on the uptake..
    Let's do some straight talking: What was the point of this week's episode? The conclusion that Dawn drew at the end (figuring out the meaning of Togekiss' graceful movements and how to use the latter in a battle effectively) were so obvious that the very same conclusion could have been drawn after a few seconds in the battles against Gible at the beginning. COME ON, TWERPS!!! That's what angers me, because our heroes are often shown to be so smart and creative and today it took them one entire episode to figure out the obvious?
    I'd like to call this "writers' inconsistency at its best" (once again... thank you, writers)
    Lucian would have figured that out in less than a second, as shown in "An Elite Meet And Greet". (And honestly, so would have done every skilled trainer a few moments later) Therefore, I'm slowly but surely starting to demand a Pokemon Anime revolving around the Elite Four and Cynthia exclusively (I'd do almost everything for that)

Yeah, as I already said, besides the two battles there was nothing to get excited about, thus only

6 out of 10 points.
    You haven't been a fan of too many recent episodes... and the recent episodes have been quite decent, too.

Blog Entries

While the episode was rather boring it was still kinda needed in the end. Togekiss needed a training episode in order to make a bond with Hikari. It is a new Pokémon that NEEDS screentime, Hikari needs to train for the GF and Gible needs some screentime ( other than mastering Draco Meteor) as well.
    Still, I agree that the episode was nothing special, even with such an awesome Pokémon like Togekiss involved.

I guess Dogasu is right, the episode plays out like most of Hikari's training episodes which I didn't like much either. I prefer off-screen training anyway since most training stuff in ANY anime is rather boring ( DBZ, Naruto, Pokémon for example. One Piece handles training much more cleverly.)
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 5th September 2010 at 09:24 AM.

@Mujimaru: That's not right at all!
    All the Sinnoh episodes are by FAR better than the previous adventures and that's why I've also become more critical.
    That's all.
    If I were to judge previous episodes, Johto for instance, with the same standards I'm applying here to judge Sinnoh, I would maybe give only 4 or 5 out of 10 points.
    No, it's because Sinnoh has been so good so far that I also raised my expectations.
    Today's episode, however,was an exception. No obvious or significant plot could be seen, and as I tried to explain in my first post we got surprisingly dumb twerps who didn't even understand the very basics. As far as I'm concerned this episode could have been over after 5 minutes, but as that is not possible the writers should have come up with a more intelligent plot.
    Last edited by Queen Cynthia; 5th September 2010 at 12:34 AM.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

All the Sinnoh episodes are by FAR better than the previous adventures and that's why I've also become more critical.
    That's all.
    If I were to judge previous episodes, Johto for instance, with the same standards I'm applying here to judge Sinnoh, I would maybe give only 4 or 5 out of 10 points.
    No, it's because Sinnoh has been so good so far that I also raised my expectations.
    Today's episode, however,was an exemption. No obvious or significant plot could be seen, and as I tried to explain in my first post we got surprisingly dumb twerps who didn't even understand the very basics. As far as I'm concerned this episode could have been over after 5 minutes, but as that is not possible the writers should have come up with a more intelligent plot.
    Well, I hope next week's Ditto episode will be better and plot-worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumaru View Post
    Well, I hope next week's Ditto episode will be better and plot-worthy!
    It's pure filler. But it's pretty good, yes.
    So.

That's all.
    Today's episode, however,was an exception. No obvious or significant plot could be seen, and as I tried to explain in my first post we got surprisingly dumb twerps who didn't even understand the very basics. As far as I'm concerned this episode could have been over after 5 minutes, but as that is not possible the writers should have come up with a more intelligent plot.
    First of all, you are wrong. I don't think your looking at the episode the right way and I think you're trying to create an excuse to not like an episode dubbed by TPCi. They are really starting to step up their game here. So, please don't have a negative attitude towards this episode because it was really dubbed well and had a proper story plot.

I actually really enjoyed it, especialy the air battle. Its battle's like this which make me admire Yanmega's power even further. However, she is always the loser. Plus the time which team rocket had made it even better. I thouroughly enjoyed it ;D!

:<

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I can't speak for anyone else, but I, personally, found this episode to be a huge bore. The battles dragged on for far too long, it recycled the same old tired "Dawn spends half an episode trying to figure out what's wrong with her pokemon yet again" plotline, and really just felt like a big waste of time. Not even Team Rocket could save this one.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I, personally, found this episode to be a huge bore. The battles dragged on for far too long, it recycled the same old tired "Dawn spends half an episode trying to figure out what's wrong with her pokemon yet again" plotline, and really just felt like a big waste of time. Not even Team Rocket could save this one.
    But at least they kept most of the dub music in this episode.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

A boring episode with good music is still a boring episode.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shapps07 View Post
    First of all, you are wrong. I don't think your looking at the episode the right way and I think you're trying to create an excuse to not like an episode dubbed by TPCi. They are really starting to step up their game here. So, please don't have a negative attitude towards this episode because it was really dubbed well and had a proper story plot.
    I don't think that people messing around with others' opinions is right. We can at least thank that this episode isn't like Try for the Family Stone! or Regaining the Home Advantage!

Now that I look at the episode another time, I went deep into it and noticed that it in fact was quite dull.

And just so you know, they kept most of the Japanese music, not dub music.

We should at least wain until September 18 and 25 for good episodes, and October 2 and 9 with good episodes with good animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumaru View Post
    I don't think that people messing around with others' opinions is right. We can at least thank that this episode isn't like Try for the Family Stone! or Regaining the Home Advantage!

Now that I look at the episode another time, I went deep into it and noticed that it in fact was quite dull.

And just so you know, they kept most of the Japanese music, not dub music.

We should at least wain until September 18 and 25 for good episodes, and October 2 and 9 with good episodes with good animation.
    Sorry that was a typo. I meant Japanese dub music not the dull English dub music.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    It's pure filler. But it's pretty good, yes.
    Arriving at the Lakeside Resort is not filler.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast