13 Worst Cartoons
by, 19th February 2013 at 10:23 PM (3963 Views)
These are my least favourite cartoons. I figured I'd make a list since I love cartoons. NOTE: If you like any of these cartoons, don't be offended. I know that some of these (Family Guy in particular) do have sizeable fanbases.
13. The Karate Kid cartoon. As a fan of the movies, I didn't really like the cartoon. It was just another cash-in, and it was too far-removed from the movie. I wish they included more of the movie characters that we actually recognised (Johnny Lawrence and John Kreese would have made it better if they appeared, but alas, they were ignored). At least the Super Mario Bros. cartoon included a lot of canon characters despite the use of OCs. Still, I give it credit for making Daniel and Mr. Miyagi actually look like they do in the movies, and at least it's better than the remake with Will Smith's son.
12. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. This one is on the list because it gives me headaches. The animation isn't that great, and 90% of the male characters have the same gigantic build that would put Superman to shame (huge muscles scare me). Not to mention the overly campy costumes. I like campy clothes occasionally, but He-Man takes it a bit too far. The plot actually isn't that bad, but otherwise...
11. ChalkZone. It's a load of crap, and the animation isn't that great. Plus the characters aren't memorable as far as Nicktoons go.
10. Bromwell High. The animation is fugly and I didn't think the characters were that likeable.
9. Johnny Test. It copies Dexter's Laboratory a lot. Not only that, but the lead character is not likeable at all. This show has a huge hatedom.
8. Max & Ruby. You might think it's innocent since it's for little kids. But I don't get this show at all. Ruby is six years old and she has total responsibility over her little brother. And where the f*** are their parents? They do have a grandmother, but she doesn't live with them. Max and Ruby even go into town alone! (Other kids' shows, like Franklin, do this too, but at least Franklin the turtle HAS parents!) Seriously, free-range little kids in a show for 4-year-olds? What's the matter with these people?
7. The Darkstalkers cartoon. It suffers from ugly animation first of all, and the designs are off. Morrigan Aensland is ugly here, whereas in the actual Capcom games she's beautiful. Plus she's also depicted as a villain here instead of an anti-hero. Bonus points go to the glasses-wearing wizard boy named Harry, who ironically predates Harry Potter. (I highly doubt J. K. Rowling knew about his existence.)
6. Fanboy & Chum Chum. This show makes me nauseous, even more so than He-Man. The characters are all annoying and obnoxious. It is pure garbage.
5. Family Guy. I've gone into a lot of detail about how much I hate this show. Ironically, I don't have a problem with American Dad - I actually find it more palatable than Family Guy, since it's a bit less political and not as reliant on stereotypes.
4. Allen Gregory. The jokes on this show were not funny. Allen himself is an annoying, pretentious spoiled brat. To think we had a rich brat as the protagonist is awful...
3. My Little Pony: Newborn Cuties. This series is the epitome of "tastes like diabetes". The ponies are so sickeningly cute they're actually hideous, and the writing is very juvenile and disgusting. Needless to say, this series is probably going to get hatred from anyone who's not a three- or four -year-old girl. In fact, if FIM didn't exist, we'd be stuck with these horrid creatures.
2. Caillou. I've hated this show ever since I first heard Caillou's first big tantrum. He has the most annoying cry in history.
1. Mortal Kombat: The Animated Series . Are you f***ing kidding me? They made a Saturday morning cartoon out of THIS garbage? The reason why we have to rate games? I don't see the point of it. It's not a good idea - what's next, a Metal Gear Solid cartoon for Nick Jr.? Plus the show was boring and annoying.
Total Trackbacks 0