My Letter to the New Writers Of Pokemon, Both Sub and Dub... - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums

View RSS Feed

Misty Calls Masquerain

My Letter to the New Writers Of Pokemon, Both Sub and Dub...

Rate this Entry
by , 11th March 2013 at 12:27 PM (4400 Views)
Please stop replacing characters each and every region (original).

Please stop writing lame lines for Team Rocket (this applies to dub seasons 9 and beyond, though they might have also have lame lines in the Japanese version).

Please stop writing lame lines, period (dub, might also be original).

Please feature certain Pokemon in a more compelling way, and not just for the sake of marketing (original). For example, Surskit/Masquerain could have been used in Chronicles for Misty.

Please give COTDs and Gym Leaders actual lives instead of just making them props (original).

Please stop resetting Ash and Pikachu each and every region (original).

Please stop making him dump his Pokemon in the lab (original).

Please stop talking down to us viewers, we're not dumb (both).

Please give everyone more facets to their personality (both, I say both because Ash and TR in particular was more interesting before the switch).

Most importantly, please either learn how to write, or don't write at all. Many loyal Pokemon fans with more new fresh ideas would be more than willing to take up the position (original).

Please stop overexposing *cute* Pokemon to the point where we start to hate them. Also PLEASE show the reserves (Palpitoad for one) more often (original).

Before anyone asks, no, I will not actually send this to them. More to be added later.

Submit "My Letter to the New Writers Of Pokemon, Both Sub and Dub..." to Digg Submit "My Letter to the New Writers Of Pokemon, Both Sub and Dub..." to del.icio.us Submit "My Letter to the New Writers Of Pokemon, Both Sub and Dub..." to StumbleUpon Submit "My Letter to the New Writers Of Pokemon, Both Sub and Dub..." to Google

Updated 21st August 2013 at 08:52 AM by Misty Calls Masquerain

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Let me guess, are you the type of person who thinks you can sign petitions to change the Pokemon anime? Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
  2. Garren's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    The writers are restricted since the show exists to advertise the games, so I think it's a bit callous to say they don't know how to write. More like they're writing within the restrictions they're given.

    A Pokemon Fan with "fresh ideas" also probably doesn't understand the work that goes behind creating a weekly 22-minute anime series that never knows when a new game will pop up and they'll have to suddenly switch gears and wrap things up.
  3. Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @Quattro ~ Bajeena; I didn't say they don't know how to write, only that they should write better.

    I understand the last part, but did they really HAVE to create Tobias? Ubers shouldn't even be allowed in leagues. No one even had a reaction besides "Wow, thats a Darkrai!"
  4. Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @The Fighting Misty; This is not a petition.
  5. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Considering from your recent posts I can tell you're heavily bias towards the original seasons and are obsessed with Misty/Brock. The rest of us aren't, Bulbagarden doesn't favor one era of the anime over the other.
  6. Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @The Fighting Misty; You're biased against Johto and Unova, what's your point?
    And I can tell you're also obsessed with Misty, look at your freakin USERNAME!
  7. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain
    @The Fighting Misty; You're biased against Johto and Unova, what's your point?
    And I can tell you're also obsessed with Misty, look at your freakin USERNAME!
    I just don't understand why you're arguing against the writers doing things when people have been enjoying the anime for years.
    Insanish Danish and Caseydia like this.
  8. Garren's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain
    @Quattro ~ Bajeena; I didn't say they don't know how to write, only that they should write better.
    You said "please either learn to write, or don't write at all".
  9. Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @Quattro ~ Bajeena; I meant that they should learn to write properly. Maybe they should take a hint from the guys who made the BW2 trailer.
  10. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain
    @Quattro ~ Bajeena; I meant that they should learn to write properly. Maybe they should take a hint from the guys who made the BW2 trailer.
    A 30 second trailer doesn't represent what an entire series has been like. The anime has improved since Johto anyway.
    Gengarzilla and Gaga like this.
  11. Garren's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain
    @Quattro ~ Bajeena; I meant that they should learn to write properly. Maybe they should take a hint from the guys who made the BW2 trailer.
    There wasn't any writing going on, that was just scenes from the game animated...and it was done by OLM who does the regular anime.
  12. Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Please stop resetting Ash and Pikachu each and every region (original).

    Please stop making him dump his Pokemon in the lab (original).
    Easily solved by removing Ash from the equation entirely and having each region include only its local characters (i.e. May and Brendan in Hoenn, Lucas and Dawn in Sinnoh). :B

    /my two cents
    speedingbulletbill likes this.
  13. MizuTaipu's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Well the writers of the anime have been generally the same when it started.
    Insanish Danish likes this.
  14. Gaga's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Wait a minute, you mean a show intended to promote a video game series isn't the next masterpiece in television?

    It's quite rude to assume the writers suck at writing just because the show isn't going exactly how you want it to.
  15. Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @FrostyGaga; I'm not expecting a masterpiece, just decency. It doesn't have to go exactly how I want it, just be decent.
  16. Gaga's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain
    @FrostyGaga; I'm not expecting a masterpiece, just decency. It doesn't have to go exactly how I want it, just be decent.
    Okay, that's fair. But then what's decent for you might not be so for others. And besides, if they gave gym leaders personalities, for example, they'd have to spend more time with each gym. That wouldn't be easy since the show's main purpose is to show off new Pokemon and gym leader characterization would require the protagonists to travel slowly.
  17. Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @FrostyGaga; Spending more time with each gym would be better than the pointless filler the show usually gets, no? They can still throw in newly introduced Pokemon in each plot, it doesn't have to revolve around them. For example, Flaaffy and Furret never got an episode centered around it.
    Updated 11th March 2013 at 02:38 PM by Misty Calls Masquerain
  18. Gengarzilla's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain
    @The Fighting Misty; You're biased against Johto and Unova, what's your point?
    And I can tell you're also obsessed with Misty, look at your freakin USERNAME!
    Wow, real mature. Poking fun at a username when you're losing an argument... For the record, they used to be called Gliscor'd but a problem with apostrophes forced a namechange. I haven't exactly seen you under any other name though.

    As for the petition, it's pretty much pointless because the writers clearly aren't going to change their ways because one fan isn't satified.
  19. Karamazov's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Hey there. Attack the argument, not the user. If you can't talk nicely without making fun of another person, you can't talk at all.
    Bubble Frog and Hidden Mew like this.
  20. Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @Gengarzilla; I only brought up his username because he said I was obsessed with her first, and he has Misty in his name. I never said he was obsessed until then, and I was not *losing*. And I didn't deny my *obsession*

    The apostrophe thing makes sense, though.

    Again, THIS IS NOT A PETITION.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: