PokeCommunity Is Making Me Uncomfortable
by, 20th April 2014 at 11:16 AM (2478 Views)
The reason why I haven't been going to Bulbagarden as much is because I've been going to PokeCommunity. It's because there's more off-topic discussions than Bulbagarden. However, now I would like to spend more time here and less time there.
I'm feeling uncomfortable there for various reasons:
1. This is the big one: People there are way too random. Most of the thread titles are failed attempts at humor. I'm not into Internet memes and I'd rather talk seriously. I'm a very serious person and not one to joke around unless you actually know me in person.
2. There's one admin who's always dropping sarcastic, callous remarks.
3. Some of the people there are way too into Pokemon. The stamp I created today on my deviantART has in mind. I have a life outside of Pokemon.
4. I don't always want to talk about anime or video games or Jpop/Kpop. I have other interests too that don't involve any of those. I don't care about Legend of Zelda, Call of Duty, or Final Fantasy whatever. You would never catch me listening to Jpop or Kpop. I wish I could find a forum where intelligent, non-random young people hang out. But most of those forums are small, and I'd rather join a large forum because there's more users and more people to talk to. The thing is, almost all of those forums involve video games, anime, and technology, and the ones that don't are full of old people. (Thank God my parents don't use forums!)
5. There are too many bronies there. Every third male user has a MLP avatar.
6. I cannot delete my account, unfortunately.
7. The user titles that they recently implemented like "X defeated Blue!" and "X HAVE A PILLORY". I feel so awkward seeing those all the time and they annoy me.
I'm really getting tired of PokeCommunity, and I really don't like it. I'd rather be somewhere where I'm comfortable.
Can you offer me some advice?