The XY anime, the possible return of Contests and the anime getting rare.
by, 18th May 2013 at 04:20 PM (2076 Views)
Now, with the release of the Pokemon X and Y games, people are speculating about the opinions of the different pokemon revealed, the new feature that they are revealing and they are posting continuosly prediction of what will happen. This will increase until October.
With the discussion of the games, there's also the discussion of the anime that is expected to promote the games. There are discussing what will happen witht he characters that we had now and with ideas of the anime based on twhat happened in the anime.
As many of us knew, the anime is getting low ratings (for Pokemon) in the last few months. It's particularly troublesome in the last two months where Pokemon is out of the Top 10 almost every week and the show is getting 3s. If Pokemon get lesser ratings, the announcers paid less money to get the show. Pokemon, with those ratings, could suffer a 15-20% cut on price of commercials in relation to the average of main anime.
I also know that if the anime will fully express the dislikes of Best Wishes and the effects of the low ratings, it will be for the XY anime.
People speculate about the new girl having a role in the anime, but I have something suspect about what I know of the anime and is this:
-(Read with caution): The writers are doing the necessary steps to briung back Dawn back into the show. Although we can never suspect a thing like that, there's hint that until a new character is confirmed hints a real risk of a return of her (and mainly only her, not any of the rest)
These are the reason why a return of Dawn back into the cast has more possibilities than 0.
1) The most important hint. Past Tuesday, the starting moves of the starters were revealed. In the menu, there exist a options where you can check ribbons. Although there are ribbons for event Pokemon, this hint is a strong hint of Pokemon Contests being back into the games, and for extension of the anime. But the writers will preferably use a new characters (or change Cilan's career although I only see Cilan as a connoseiur) but there are more.
2) One fact: A character return is one of the most powerful tools that the anime has to bring back viewers and to get attention to them making new children keep watching the anime. Dawn and Piplup are very popular in Japan; and they are more popular (even now) than Iris and specially Axew. In normal circunstances the writers won't do that, but now that the anime has "issues"but now they can use something like this to attract the audience.
3) Dawn's "fake" return: Her cameo was promoted like she was going to be a main character again, they didn'0t said that what they are doing is a simple cameo; not only but they put her is every bio in existence witht he main characters. When Dawn made a return in the anime last year and the cameo ended, I think that the main reasons because they aren0t keeping her is the lack of Contests to promote and that the region is ending.
4) The ending, Emolga and one future episode. Dawn appears in the ending as we know. But the ending shows many older characters, making that the ending says nothing in that regard. But Dawn in the sequence of the ending has a Emolga in her head although is Iris' right now. I can understand putting Emolga near Dawn to see Dragonite but, why has to be in the head? This reminds me to the Charizard of the opening. But to add more to this, in late Best Wishes there are a episode of Emolga joining Team Rocket and near this time there are a Clair episode where possibly Iris decided to be Opelucid Gym Leader, where Emolga can't be used. And about Team Rocket.
5) Team Rocket returning to being funny again like in DP*. What proves that the writers are returning things from the DP series now. The main reason why Team Rocket went back into their funny mode is because the audience don't like serious Team Rocket and to add this the voice actors don't like serious Team Rocket. The radio show, the Live Caster and the hyped ending of Team Rocket is hints about Team Rocket being funny again soon.
*They are attempoting to be like in Kanto more than DP. This is proven by using the Kanto motto, for example.
6)Piplup's merchandise: I search pokemon merchandise sometimes and I notice that Piplup has more merchandise than Axew in the last 8 months or so. And although the cameo ended a long time ago, Piplup is still featured in some merchandise (mainly random kiddy merch) and is the only starter that appears in the I love Marine set for July. Now he doesn't appears too much in merchandise because the movie and the short (they aren't promoting the movie with a pokemon that doesn't appear in it), movie who has taken the main spot in merchandise.
7) Iris' and Cilan's Sayonara being known "early". Why a poster of the DA series revealed the expected departures of iris and Cilan in March when the new series won't be airing until at least September, if not October? Although they can troll about the departures until further confirmation, this is something strange that I have taken note.
8) We know almost everything in the Decolora saga. But taking the actual episodes there's like two months between the end of BW and the release of the XY games, who should coincide with the anime debut. If Dawn were to return, it would be in those episodes betwen gens. And they are also capable to bring back May, although his chanes of returning are very low.
9) The new game character, like in Black and White, is a teen and not a 10 year old like them.
What happens if she returns into the anime? What things return into the show and what things doesn't?
If a return of a older characters is unlikely and rare, even if the return happens, we have to remember that the anime will promote Gen VI and not Gen IV. This will be the XY anime series in Kalos, not the Diamond and Pearl series (even with a Gen IV character in it).
If tthe returns happens, this things are expecting to return:
-Piplup. if she returns, Piplup's popularity will be one of the reasons. We should expect keeping that for promotional purposes (not the games, his own merchandise). And take note of this because exist the alernative of Ash keeping Oshawott for the same reasons. And even, they can use a characters (ex: the Contest announcer) that have an Oshawott (etter said, Ash's Oshawott). Fortunately people want to see that because the writers aren't promoting Froakie too much (what means, early evolution).
-Pokemon Contest. They are already expecting to be back based on the menu of the starters that was revealed earlier this week. It's obvious that if she returns, it would be doing Pokemon Contests and not anything else.
-Her personality in general. With means, being girly, getting nervous, etc. And if that happens, the writers has to do something thatcauses the return, even with drama inserted to it (they have to make a reverse DP 191, and I knew that a episode like BW86 doesn't hint any return).
What we shoudln't expect.
Her keeping the team. With the revelation of his DP team, it was known that it was a cameo. One thing is keeping a mascot, and another is keeping 6 older pokemon from two generations ago. The rest of the team would be XY related pokemon (and in this case, Chespin or Fennekin are candidates to take a spot).
Keeping her old rivals. This is a new series, after all. They will use new rivals for this series.
And if you want to see her again because the miniskirt, don't expect her being back for any reason. In that case, they would use a clothing based on the female character of XY (like Ash does witht the male character).
I think that is worth posting because although exist a difference between hints and her being really brought back, I want to explain why I thought about some things about XY alkthough I'0m aware of the unliking ness of the situation. This is because is unlikely, not impossible.
Total Trackbacks 0