I fear the future may be filled with illiterate people - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums

View RSS Feed

what did i just type

I fear the future may be filled with illiterate people

Rate this Entry
by , 11th March 2013 at 11:32 PM (276 Views)
I'm not saying that I have perfect grammar, I mean I probably have sentences full of dangling or misplaced modifiers or comma splices or something in my posts

I'm just saying that once during Adam's OCTMS Twitter Q&A this happened:

someone: "do you wear fuzzy pajamas when your alone?"

Adam: "My alone?"

someone else: "she meant 'you are' alone why tf r you correcting her lol"

you guys already know this bUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE YOU'RE

Adam's perfect under appreciated grammar :(
actually, now that I think about it, he's got perfect under appreciated everything, from his old beautifully written blog entries to his songs

can we just take a moment to appreciate Adam Randal Young's existence? thank you

P.S. I'm planning on changing my username to something Owl City related no one saw that coming

Submit "I fear the future may be filled with illiterate people" to Digg Submit "I fear the future may be filled with illiterate people" to del.icio.us Submit "I fear the future may be filled with illiterate people" to StumbleUpon Submit "I fear the future may be filled with illiterate people" to Google

Updated 11th March 2013 at 11:37 PM by Vanillish Twilight (corrected a typo and removed an unnecessary sentence)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. Karamazov's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I think it's kind of dumb to be so nitpicky over such a small grammar mistake. The person asking the question asked an innocuous question that was very coherent up until the last part.
  2. Garren's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Plus it's on Twitter, which fosters messages that are quick and to the point in order to fit the character limit. And it's obvious what they meant too.
  3. Delsin Rowe's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I know I'm going to look really stupid for asking this, but who is Adam Young?
  4. Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetal
    I know I'm going to look really stupid for asking this, but who is Adam Young?
    no, you're not stupid, most people don't know anyways
    Adam Young = Owl City

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary
    I think it's kind of dumb to be so nitpicky over such a small grammar mistake. The person asking the question asked an innocuous question that was very coherent up until the last part.
    meh I guess I am a bit nitpicky, I admit it

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena
    Plus it's on Twitter, which fosters messages that are quick and to the point in order to fit the character limit. And it's obvious what they meant too.
    wait, there's a character limit? I don't actually have a Twitter (and I still don't get how hashtags work) so yeah I don't know stuff but are you sure "do you wear fuzzy pajamas when you're alone?" wouldn't fit because that's just adding two more letters to a 42 character sentence

    lol oh yeah I guess the title is a bit exaggerated and it seems like I'm making a big deal over this but I'm just saying Adam is an under appreciated artist
  5. Delsin Rowe's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday
    no, you're not stupid, most people don't know anyways
    Adam Young = Owl City

    That would explain why I don't know him. I've never heard of Owl City.
  6. Karamazov's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    How does him being a Grammar Nazi relate to him being under-appreciated as an artist?
  7. Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary
    How does him being a Grammar Nazi relate to him being under-appreciated as an artist?
    no, he's not a grammar nazi, he only corrected someone once
    wait guys are you getting a bad impression of Adam from me like I portray him weird in my blog entries or something because he is not at all like how the words I type tell you he is
    lol uh wow this entry is stupid, another error on my part
    I can never explain anything right because I suck at explaining things and I find it really hard to explain my thoughts in a way other people can understand them which is why I sound stupid most of the time although part of it may be because I really am stupid
    and I don't know I guess this is a bit exaggerated, ok, a lot exaggerated like the title, this title is really stupid
    I think I should have stayed off the forums and just studied for the science exam on Thursday
    Updated 12th March 2013 at 01:31 AM by Vanillish Twilight
  8. 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Stuff like this annoys me enough to point it out every time I see it.

    But I disagree with the title. The future will be filled with words that aren't so easily misspelled or mistaken for each other. At this rate the misspellings will get absorbed into the language itself.
  9. TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I hope I get famous some day so I can troll my fans.
  10. Yun's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Because I want people to correct themselves for the future, the exchange would go like this:

    Person: Do you wear fuzzy pajamas when your alone?
    Yun: When my alone?
    Person 2: She meant 'you are' alone why tf r you correcting her lol?
    Yun: Because if I don't do it in a nice way, somebody else will in a douchey one.
    Person 2/1: But you knew what she/I mean.
    Yun: Yeah, I do. You asked about "my alone" and I didn't understand the question, so I restated it... by the way, it's "meant".

    ^ Anyone who wants to get angry/offended over someone correcting their grammar is almost always a person who complains about others not being able to type, usually not hesitating twice to correct another individual's mistakes.

    TL;DR -- Don't get angry, learn sentence structure. I learned that butchering a language (even in the slightest amount) is only acceptable when you know the correct way to speak/write it.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: