This blog = buried. It will be. Don't deny it.
by, 8th January 2013 at 08:29 AM (478 Views)
Anyway, just wanted to state my thoughts on Pokémon X & Y.
- Starters look quite cool. Fennekin's been fanarted VERY quickly, so that makes me scared of what will inevitably happen.
- Meanwhile, Chespin's getting the Oshawott treatment. I don't blame them - his face and overall shape just LOOKS like Oshawott to me! XD
- Froakie's most likely going to receive that "weird but cool" treatment. It seems like it could be a contender, as it looks like it used Hydro Pump in the trailer.
- Speaking of the trailer...the new Legendaries. Y looks a bit vein-like in its markings, and certainly presents a Dark-type aura about him.
- X, on the other hand, looked like she had Arceus' legs with shields. I might be invoking this trope by saying "Light is Not Good", but to me, the main body colour of a navy blue with the highlights of yellow don't suggest a "good guy" status to me. Also, its pupils...cue cartoony X_X jokes.
That's all I could really say about what we've seen so far about the Pokémon, so let's dive into the gameplay preview.
- Movement looks to be the same grid base as always. Interestingly, everything seems to be a lot larger - while retaining the shrinked characters in some format, as they still look chibi to me.
- Hoo boy...we've got a Fire-type Gym and a Bug-type Gym, it looks like.
- A dimensional rift in one part? The grid of the house just "constructs" around the character at one point! Does this suggest something for wireless battles?
- Now, I'm liking the new battle appearance. It seems that Pokédex 3D Pro really did provide a purpose after all!
And that's all my thoughts on X & Y so far.
...cue XYZ summon jokes.
Total Trackbacks 0