I just can't stop myself..... - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums
View RSS Feed

Mr. Nintendo's Leaks

I just can't stop myself.....

Rate this Entry
No matter what, as many times as I try...I can't stop myself from looking at the Pokeshipping general thread. I just really like Pokeshipping. Because I just like the Pokeshipping concept. Like ToT (Tower of Terror). Gag, I just can't stop myself. I just really like the Ash and Misty thing.

Submit "I just can't stop myself....." to Digg Submit "I just can't stop myself....." to del.icio.us Submit "I just can't stop myself....." to StumbleUpon Submit "I just can't stop myself....." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    The Ash and Misty thing is SO 1999. Its old, man.

    Shipping in the anime is dead now anyway.
  2. Kakuna Matata's Avatar
    Pokéshipping has a concept?
  3. John Understands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    The Ash and Misty thing is SO 1999. Its old, man.

    Shipping in the anime is dead now anyway.
    Haha, not TRUE. People STILL support Pokeshipping for some reason. I mean IT, just go to the Pokeshipping thread. Many people STILL support it. AND IT IS NOT so 1999. *GASP* BECAUSE I DON'T EVEN CARE! Ok, sorry.... But people still support it. Shipping is popular. DEAL WITH IT.
  4. John Understands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata
    Pokéshipping has a concept?
    I did not know how to word it. I gotta stop being stupid...
  5. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Apparently the belief is Misty is going to suddenly declare her love for Ash, and Ash will somehow magically understand the concept of love. Despite the fact that it never happened when they were traveling together, and now Misty's been gone from the show for so long that the current audience won't even know who she is.

    Ash was never, ever, going to become a love interest to anyone. Even if Misty had never left, Ash would remain exactly the same and Misty would have stayed the way she was in Johto I assume.

    I don't know what people were expecting.
  6. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek
    Haha, not TRUE. People STILL support Pokeshipping for some reason. I mean IT, just go to the Pokeshipping thread. Many people STILL support it. AND IT IS NOT so 1999. *GASP* BECAUSE I DON'T EVEN CARE! Ok, sorry.... But people still support it. Shipping is popular. DEAL WITH IT.
    They support it because its fond memories from their childhood. I don't think anyone actually expects it to happen in the series, especially NOW, when Misty has long since departed the anime for a decade.
  7. Kakuna Matata's Avatar
    There's nothing wrong with liking it.

    And haters gonna hate, shippers gonna ship~
    Updated 21st November 2011 at 12:30 AM by Kakuna Matata (Can't type.)
  8. John Understands's Avatar
    Ayg, time to stop being an idiot. Agh, just having to think about....well......I dunno, I just decided to say that All My Stupidity Are Belong To Me. I better say that there is no such thing as Pokeshipping and that it is a myth.
  9. John Understands's Avatar
    Same goes for any other shipping but the May x Drew shipping.
  10. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek
    Same goes for any other shipping but the May x Drew shipping.
    Most people ship characters without any expectation of it happening in the series. Which is why people currently ship Ash and Cilan.
  11. RJoshua's Avatar
    They're not attacking you for your stance on Pokeshipping, nor are they questioning your intelligence for liking it. They're just making the remark that PS is such an old ship nowadays and that you shouldn't expect anything from it canonically, especially now compared to then.

    Nothing really wrong with liking a ship, imo; it's just a facet of the fandom you're a part in.
  12. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
    They're not attacking you for your stance on Pokeshipping, nor are they questioning your intelligence for liking it. They're just making the remark that PS is such an old ship nowadays and that you shouldn't expect anything from it canonically, especially now compared to then.

    Nothing really wrong with liking a ship, imo; it's just a facet of the fandom.
    I think the fact that Takeshi Shudo also admitted the only reason the ship existed was to make Misty's character more appealing to young girls says in itself. They even re-wrote the scene where Misty was supposed to give Ash artificial respiration in the 2nd movie because they didn't want fans getting the wrong idea.

    Anyway, its now been 10 years since Misty left, whatever they might have been planning back then has long since been abandoned. We're not even in AG anymore, when Misty still made various cameos.

    DP was the first official saga with no real Misty appearance, I suspect Best Wishes will be the same especially with the reboot vibe going on now. There's nothing left to say anymore, Ash shippings in the anime are all dead.
  13. John Understands's Avatar
    Trololol. I was just trolling that Pokeshipping was a myth. Shipping is real. Haha. Ha Ha ha. Somebody will set you up the bomb.
  14. CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    Most people ship characters without any expectation of it happening in the series. Which is why people currently ship Ash and Cilan.
    @Gliscor'd ; What the hell are you talking about?

    Cafemochashipping is already canon.
  15. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    I thought Comashipping was canon, or is that like, "the past," now?

    I am surprised the Ash/Iris pairing isn't that popular, but then again, I know why it isn't.
  16. CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    I thought Comashipping was canon, or is that like, "the past," now?

    I am surprised the Ash/Iris pairing isn't that popular, but then again, I know why it isn't.
    ...

    You really just want to try me today, don't you?

    Coma and Cafemocha can join forces for a mega orgy for all I care. For all practical purposes, Cafemochashipping is one-sided, exclusively from Cilan, and Coma is mutual, but too far removed in the series to be relevant at this time...

    Shippers don't have to think about shipping on a continuous timeline. It's just what feels right at the moment.
  17. John Understands's Avatar
    -note to self: never post a blog about shipping on BMGf-
  18. Luna Tiger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek
    -note to self: never post a blog about shipping on BMGf-
    You would be wise to do that. *patpat* Here be a sea of wolves.

    But really, you 'ship what you want, and only you can change your mind about it. People implying that 'ships need to be current is ridiculous, since if you don't like what's current, that's not your fault.

    Like Kakuna said, "Haters gonna hate, 'shippers gonna 'ship." And don't listen to what anyone else tells you. You wanna 'ship Ash/Misty? The rest of the world can so screw themselves, because that's what you like.

    So don't stop yourself. Indulge and be merry.
  19. Kyumorph's Avatar
    Lol, shipping arguments.
  20. The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyumorph
    Lol, shipping arguments.
    Back in the older days of the fandom Archaic had to make a peace treaty between Pokeshippers and Palletshippers. God I wasn't around for that as it happened in the pre-AG days before Gary left the series at the end of Johto.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: