Possibility of Ash's Froakie evolving
by, 16th November 2013 at 09:12 AM (1867 Views)
We never had any of Ash's Water Starters evolve even once. But Froakie might be a different case...
If we look at the starter pokemons that evolved to their final stage under Ash's care, here are some features that they share with Froakie (some may be stretching and probably everyone else has them, but still).
Froakie could possibly evolve because...
1. Two Grass-types and two Fire-types evolved fully. It's time we had a Water Starter that fully evolved.
2. Like Sceptile, Froakie is the only starter pokemon Ash owns in the region. Thus, they don't have to worry about dividing screentime among 'Ash's starters' since Froakie can have the camera all to himself.
3. Froakie has Speed as its best stat, with Special Attack in second. Ash is best compatible with pokemon that have high speed (either as their best or second best)
4. Stubborn, reckless, and prideful (hence why it was so picky about its trainers) - a trait shared by the majority of Ash's pokemons that evolved to their final stages.
5. Drastic differences from Squirtle, Totodile, and Oshawott. Froakie doesn't pull pranks like a mischievous kid (Squirtle), doesn't dance around just because he's giddy (Totodile), and doesn't act boastful or avoid battles (Oshawott).
Of course, like I mentioned above, most of them are stretching, and yes, exceptions exist - like Snivy. (However, Snivy isn't really Ash-y, so...)
We won't know for sure - maybe Froakie could end up being an overpowered, unevolved Froakie in the end. But I'd still say he has a very good chance of evolving, looking at Ash's past pokemons plus the popularity the Froakie family is getting.
Besides - everybody loves ninjas.
Total Trackbacks 0