NOW THIS ISN'T EVEN FUNNY
by, 20th November 2012 at 08:13 AM (352 Views)
I'm not here to talk about politics - but there's some dumb law going around in our country
And with the upcoming presidential election, it's not being taken care of. It's being covered completely when there are angry screams going around the Internet.
I REPEAT: THIS ISN'T ABOUT POLITICS. IT'S A SOCIETY PROBLEM.
Stupid Laws and the negative effects:
1. The Shutdown Law
- anyone under the age of 16 are banned from playing online games from midnight to 6 in the morning. Games which require you to register your age automatically bans you if you are under 16. Console games like Pokemon are not included.
Intention: to prevent internet gaming addiction and protect young children.
- an underage professional gamer participating in an international gaming competition was forced to lose due to being kicked out of the server because of The Shutdown Law.
- more children are "borrowing" their parents'/siblings ID to play games at night anyways.
2. The Laws to Protecting Young Children and Teens
- Banning Porn Content:
Any films, videos, games - literally ANYTHING that can be seen with eyes - that depicts young children/teens (OR people that LOOK like young kids/teens) in a sexual/romantic action or relationship are banned. Complete or partial nudity, or actions that make readers/watchers feel sexually offended are banned.
Intention: to prevent children being depicting in porn content, and to protect underage citizens from potential sexual violence/harassment/and the like.
- a graphic novel artist who draws about sexual education has been reported to the police.
- free expression of art is now being tested among the internet. One wrong move and it's off to the police for you.
- prize money for reporting above content are now threatening potential innocent victims - fan girls, otakus, and many other people who are not even associated with porn.
Total Trackbacks 0