Character Poll For SSB4
by, 14th July 2012 at 11:13 AM (692 Views)
Yesterday night, I've stumbled across this unofficial character poll for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games for the Wii U and 3DS:
The list looks good so far, until I ran into some very odd choices. Here are my problems with the list:
1. Balloon Fighter was scrapped as being playable in Melee for a reason; he didn't meet the requirements Sakurai wanted from a character.
2. Tom Nook is not a main character, it's your avatar. Besides, Sakurai didn't want to include playable Animal Crossing reps because it's a peaceful franchise.
3. Why N over a female trainer [s]not named Iris[/s] or Zoroark? Plus this whole one character per franchise rules ruins the two new Pokemon reps pattern the SSB titles have it going.
4. Professor Layton is actually a Third Party character. The list only includes Nintendo characters according to its description, but little do they realize is that the franchise is a third party title in Japan (Nintendo just publishes them offshores).
5. There's too many sword-wielding characters on this list. We need characters who uses other unique weapons such as a chainwhip, which I imagine Mach Rider will use.
The comment responses then proceeds in wishing for the exact same characters (Paper Mario, Banjo Kazooie, etc) that were included in every other's roster prediction, which makes me feel like I'm the only one who knows how the roster will be like after studying them from the past three titles for 4 years.