I'm in America! - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums
View RSS Feed

Karamazov

I'm in America!

Rate this Entry
Here's a tip: trains suck. But America is beautiful! Everyone was so helpful.

My boyfriend picked me up and we're at his place. We had a nice romantic dinner before heading to his place.

I'll approve comments and shit later.

Submit "I'm in America!" to Digg Submit "I'm in America!" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm in America!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm in America!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. Mako's Avatar
    America is beautiful! Everyone was so helpful.
    Helpful people? In America? In New York?!

    are you sure you're not still in canada
  2. Peaceful Giraffe's Avatar
    Woah! Where in 'Merica are you?
  3. Magnetic Eyes's Avatar
    America is indeed beautiful.

    Have a nice trip!
  4. Silverwynde's Avatar
    As an American, I can honestly say: if you think the trains are bad, don't go near the interstate highways. The drivers there will kill you. I do not even kid. (You should hear my hubby in the car some mornings!)
  5. Karamazov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Helpful people? In America? In New York?!

    are you sure you're not still in canada
    Chicago was extra nice. a police officer even walked me to a bank so I could exchange my money.

    PG - In Indiana.
  6. Mako's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary
    Chicago was extra nice. a police officer even walked me to a bank so I could exchange my money.
    ???????

    what bizarro chicago did you end up in
  7. Envoy's Avatar
    For the record, Canada is in America. So is Mexico, so's Brazil, so's Puerto Rico, so's Jamaica, so's Chile.

    The U.S and America are not the same thing. The U.S is a country within America. And, actually, some people argue that there are two or even three 'Americas' + the Caribbean.

    Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people use the U.S and America interchangeably.
  8. MizuTaipu's Avatar
    Weird, I was just in Chicago over the weekend for a vacation. Hope you enjoy the states!
  9. Mako's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Warrior
    For the record, Canada is in America. So is Mexico, so's Brazil, so's Puerto Rico, so's Jamaica, so's Chile.

    The U.S and America are not the same thing. The U.S is a country within America. And, actually, some people argue that there are two or even three 'Americas' + the Caribbean.

    Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people use the U.S and America interchangeably.
    Whether this is accurate or not depends on what country you're in. It is true that in several countries, what is known in the US, Canada, etc. as "the Americas" (North and South America, plus the Caribbean) is called "America" as a singular continent. However, this is not the case in countries such as the US and Canada, where "America" is used exclusively as shorthand for the United States (with "the Americas" or North/South America used for the continents). It's the United States of America, after all. It's just a convenient shortcut and isn't meant to imply that the US is more important than anywhere else in the Americas (a common misconception about its use in this context).

    So it's no more or less accurate than using "America" to describe what a US citizen would call "the Americas" because it all depends on location!
  10. PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Trains? You mean cargo buses?
    @Grass Type Warrior; The only country in the AmericaS (Teddy blew it half) to have America in its name is America and there are other United States. BTW INCLUDING BRAZIL. Sorry that response (and with it false accusation of ethnocentricity) is a personal pet peeve of mine.
    Updated 26th March 2014 at 10:27 PM by PhilosophyPhlare

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: