I finished GX Season 4
by, 19th July 2012 at 08:50 PM (257 Views)
You guys probably don't care. But I'll blog about my thoughts anyway.
On the season:
- Jaden/Judai became my favorite protagonist because of this season. He got cool powers, a new look, and he was a serious and brooding character. Not like Yusei or Atem. Something was off about him. I loved how serious, brooding and anti-social he became. Too bad that pairs tournament ruined him by developing his character and making him enjoy Duel Monsters again.
- The story was really good. Darkness and his threat were probably the biggest threat to the characters in the entire franchise at that point.
- The animators put a lot of focus on Trueman's ass. So many scenes (from the same angle) randomly focus on it, snug in his tight suit thing.
- Darkness kind of sucked as a villain. Don't get me wrong, he was intimidating and looked fierce. But he lost every duel except one, as Yusuke. At least his assimilation plot was cool. The fact that he was erasing people from existence, causing others to forget about them was so diabolical.
- Thank Obelisk Johan/Jesse wasn't whored out like he was in season 3. But he still has a hard on for Judai.
- Overall, it's my favorite season of GX. The story was great, the characters grew, there were so many cool things going on. (Like Judai being trapped in an exploding building.)
- This season should have been longer; Asuka/Alexis, Manjoume/Chazz and a few others had their stories and futures touched up on, but I wish they went more in-depth with it.
- I actually found myself gasping at all the plot twists. Damn! I didn't know Axel/Austin let his mom get killed except not really.
- Does anyone really care about Syrus/Sho anymore? I mean really.
On the series in general:
- This whole series should have run with many more things: they only touched up on the Sacred Beasts for a while and didn't expand much on them. Johan seemed to have a story around him, but he just spent his time trying to get into Judai's pants.
- The first two seasons were meh at best, season three was good, and season four was amazing.
- Altogether, this is my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! spin-off. Probably because this spin-off doesn't introduce a new mechanic and shove it down our throats. It was a long while before I started to actually like Tuners and Xys monsters.
- Johan is a nut. He has a rubber butt.
- The premise of a dueling school is fucking retarded, but everyone knows that.
- I've never been a YGO shipper, but Judai/Yubel (the crazy hermaphroditic female-ish stalker demon that eventually ends up fusing with Judai.) is my OTP for this series.
Now to watch that shitty-looking Princess Tutu show.
Total Trackbacks 0