How to create a new Super Mario platformer.
by, 14th July 2012 at 11:42 AM (1078 Views)
I haven't posted here in a while, so here's something random and off the beaten track. Enjoy? =P
NOTE: This blog wasn't made to insult the Super Mario series. I like it, but this is just a compilation of things I think Ninty always seems to do. Some games do break these rules, but most major platformers don't.
1. First choose a title. Make sure the title contains the name of a feature relevant to the console. Or, if you're feeling really uncreative, use this format.
(New) Super Mario Land/World/Bros./Galaxy (3D) (2)
2. For the sake of continuity, World 1-1 and -2 must be in line with how they were in Super Mario Bros.. World 1-1 does not need to be so similar, but the following block layout must always be in place at the beginning.
3. Worlds 1 and 2 must only have Piranha Plants, Koopa Troopas and Goombas. From World 3 on, you may include Bullet Bills, Cheep Cheeps, and Buzzy Beetles. If you want, include Whomps too.
4. Toads must appear as NPCs in some way.
5. When the player completes the game, make Luigi a playable character.
6. In at least one stage, there must be a place to gain 999 1-ups from a Koopa shell.
7. Bowser and his family are the only bosses. Rarely, you may allow Kamek to break this rule.
As I said, random. Té gusta?
Total Trackbacks 0