Quest to Promote Golurk to RU
by, 14th May 2013 at 05:47 AM (2516 Views)
Now, I don't consider myself a regular battler since I don't battle often, since I will admit I have a certain fear of being overwhelmed by the opposition and losing. Even more so is that I am not much of an RU battler. However, one thing I observed on Smogon is how the general usage of Pokemon makes it difficult for any Pokemon to drop down a tier, or even rise. Take a look at April's RU list, for example (Top 70):
If you noticed, there is a significant difference in numbers between rank #56 and rank #57. Another thing to note is that every Pokemon found from rank #56 and above are RU for one reason or another, with a few being below the line at this point (Klinklang and Mandibuzz). What I am saying is, a Pokemon found in RU rarely drops a tier, and even more so for a Pokemon originally found in NU to rise to RU. Compared to Pokemon Online, where changes in Pokemon are more common, as the last time, there were 8 Pokemon moving from LU (Smogon's RU equivalent) to NU, while 1 moved from NU to LU (Poliwrath). As such, the tier list in PO is different from Smogon, especially in the lower tiers.
If you notice the title, this is about Golurk. One thing I would love to see is for Golurk to be on Smogon's RU list, because I felt it deserves to be on it, due to its advantages. On Smogon's RU Viability list, Golurk is even at a B+ rank, which is very good for a Pokemon that is not in RU (the highest for NU's Pokemon in that list is A-, taken by Tauros, Zangoose and Jynx). There are other Pokemon that would make a good fit in RU too, such as Alomomola, but I like Golurk, so I am thinking specifically about it.
So what I am going to do is to play as many battles as possible with Golurk in the team to raise its ranking. I do not know how many battles are required to meet this (I could estimate, but the numbers could be off), but I do hope that my participation makes a difference.
I have currently made two teams with Golurk, although I felt I had not made the perfect one yet. Basically one team utilises Para-Shuffling with Druddigon and some slow offensive stuff (because of paralysis support), while another is more of a tankish team featuring Fraxure. Future teams I would look forward to making utilises the Golurk + Ferroseed combo of hazard control, a team with Golurk's Rock Polish set, and a powerful Choice Band set, with possibly Cinccino as a partner.
Here are some replays with my current teams:
- Viewing Pokémon replay: ru-17717328 - Pok (My first time with my first team)
- Viewing Pokémon replay: ru-18275327 - Pok (My first time with my second team (If I recall correctly))
- Viewing Pokémon replay: ru-18276961 - Pok (The MVP of this battle is not Golurk, but two other members of the team)
- Viewing Pokémon replay: ru-18277970 - Pok (Golurk did its part, but more importantly, I defeated a Regen-core)
- Viewing Pokémon replay: ru-18419364 - Pok (Golurk does its part by setting up Rocks and keeping certain opponents in check)
- Viewing Pokémon replay: ru-18420614 - Pok (This is a close battle that could have gone different if I were to be more well-informed with certain things, such as Omastar being unable to have Sturdy)
If you have any advice, please inform me. Wish me luck!
Thanks for reading.
Total Trackbacks 0