I feel the need to chronicle fan opinions on every episode...
by, 3rd June 2011 at 10:44 AM (172 Views)
I feel really sad and disappointed about the recently-aired Japanese episode of Pokemon Black and White. Just in case you don't know what it's about, it's about a herd of Roggenrola being captured and used for a giant cannon, and one of them left to get help, which also happens to be the one Ash will wind up getting. The sad part is the fact that a lot (from what I see) are, to put in exaggeration: "outrage". They didn't like Roggenrola, so I feel sad, because I like Roggenrola, and that face of his is really cute.
This gives me the idea to chronicle general fan opinions on every episode so I (and everybody) can look back and see the changes that everyone has. So, the first order of the day is to find someone who can help me with this, because as some might know, I am not that well-versed with the history of anime that my conclusions might not be the most accurate version.
Basically, my proposed version is to put a short summary of general fan opinions on each episode, but I am considering putting a separate for the English dub because the difference between opinions can be good for juxtaposition (unless it turns out to be identical in both incarnations in which it's a bad idea.
For example, I am going to do something like this:
But that's the short version. What I am going to do IS something like this:BW 36 - Opinions on Langley were not well received overall because she is portrayed as a "bitch" (does not stand for "Babe in total control of herself). Excadrill's story was touching, though.
BW 37 - A lot complained about Roggenrola's capture because it is believed that Ash got too may Pokemon at tow, although Rockets were awesome because they have a sinister plan.
So, who can help me with some of the chronicling? And what do you think?BW 35
● Prior to this, fans thought that the episode is going to be recycled from the old episode "Stun Spore Detour", where Misty got underwater plants for a paralysed Ash and Tracey with the help of her newly-owned Poliwag.
● The highlight of the episode is the double capture of Stunfisk and Palpitoad, which everyone didn't anticipate and were surprised to see, especially Stunfisk. Palpitoad's capture was mentioned as a rumour.
● Stunfisk got some hype going on because the Pokemon got a rather quirky appearance (and because Cilan got it), not to mention a lot agreed that it was a great capture. The Stunfisk hype even overshadows the opinions on Oshawott's vital role and character development.
● Cilan's fishing abilities were also pretty exciting to see, considering how the postponed episode (BW 26) was supposed to be the first glimpse on Cilan's go at fishing.
● To the delight of many, Cilan continues his streak on being fabulous, like spinning and holding food, then saying "It's lunch time!".
● Some people even think that Oshawott won't evolve, because Palpitoad represents the evolved Water-type in Ash's group, and also because Oshawott's base form is more marketable.
● Fans are beginning to get mixed reactions on Ash's Pokemon roster, as eight Pokemon felt like many to them. Some didn't like it because it doesn't give room for the other Pokemon to develop their personality, but some embraced the idea of a larger party.
● Overall, the episode convinces people that this season is going to be exciting yet, with the momentum gathering.
Thanks for reading.
Total Trackbacks 0