Things people should try/use (use more, in some cases)
by, 20th December 2013 at 04:47 PM (1711 Views)
Just things I've been trying out online in XY and really liking. Some are known to be good, but others seem to be pretty rare.
1) Assault Vest Clawitzer. It isn't the most amazing Pokemon in comparison to some stuff, but when I use it online it's pretty much taken everything on 1-for-1 except stuff like Chansey and physical Electric/Grass types (though if you can get in a move it can deal pretty big damage with its coverage). I have Water Pulse/Dark Pulse/Aura Sphere/Ice Beam. Insanely good coverage and power with Mega Launcher! And not like Clawitzer ever needs to run non-attacking moves, so Assault Vest is good. I do like the set very much.
2) Mega Banette. So unbelievably underated and incredibly clutch. It's my latest obsession. Everyone's busy with Mega Kang, the Charizards, etc, it seems, and so Mega Banette is really rare. Prankster Destiny Bond is amazing and can right wrongs (one example of this: I accidently burned a Guts Conkeldurr, then used D-Bond to make sure it didn't get a chance to do anymore damage) and has good Attack to use when it's needed.
3) Scolipede. Obviously this isn't overlooked, and everyone knows it's really good, now it has Speed Boost. But it can single handed take teams on Wi-Fi at times, provided your opponent makes just one slight error allowing you to set up (I use SubSD, but I'm sure there's plenty of other options). If you haven't tried it, definitely get your hands on one and give it a go! It's a monster.
4) Rotom-Heat. Rotom-Wash is everywhere, but Heat can be just as useful! One of the few Fire-types that can actually be good defensively (Heatran is probably the best, I guess). I've been using this the entire time I've been online and it's really fun. I use ChestoRest, but I guess there's probably better sets for it.
5) Infestation Gastrodon. Sounds like a joke/bad gimmick, but I think it's good and at the very least unexpected. One time someone even forfeit against it, he had Rotom-Wash (can't touch Gastrodon without HP Grass) and Goodra (my Gastrodon is Specially Defensive) and I never saw his last Pokemon.
Anything that any of you have been using that you would recommend me to try out? Or that's been working for you? I've got the breeding itch again, so I'm willing to try most things (aslong as it's not like Gale Wings Talonflame, Dragonite, Mega Kang, etc, everyone is using those).
Total Trackbacks 0