Opinion and Rant: Why Ye Shiwen isn't doping and why WESTERN MEDIA IS EVIL.
by, 31st July 2012 at 03:57 PM (713 Views)
Semi-rant, please leave the room if you can't tolerate my language
"Ye Shiwen gets the gold! Beats Beisel by a second and a half! Wow, what she did was do the impossible! I mean... the 'impossible'."
Immediately after Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen defeats American favorite Elizabeth Beisel and breaks a world record, the American media and BBC immediately start slinging a smear campaign on the poor hardworking 16-year old girl. Well, I think Ye Shiwen is innocent (HER FUCKING DOPE TESTS ARE CLEAN). Now for the rest of the post, I'm going to bring up my points of contention as to why Ye's doping controversy was essentially engineered by Western media to rile up Americans, just like how they attempted the same in Beijing 2008 during the Chinese Woman's gymnastics smearing (AMERICA, YOUR FUCKING GYMNASTS THIS TIME LOOK LIKE 13 YEAR OLDS).
- Media annoyingly preached a surgically nitpicked fact:
From article "Ye Shiwen doping allegations: China's Ye denies doping after smashing Ryan Lochte's swim time": Over the last 50 meters of the 100-meter freestyle leg, Ye clocked a time of 28.93 seconds while Lochte swam his final 50 meters in 29.10 seconds. Ye's impressive swim immediately raised suspicion that the teenager's world-beating results might be too good to be true.
- How is .17 of a second "SMASHING" Lochte's time? Lochte is known for being fast thoroughly throughout a race, but not a good end leg accelerator (as shown in the 400M freestyle relay).
- As I stated, the media nitpicked the fact that Ye was faster than Lochte in the final 50, but HER TIME was 4:28.43, Lochte's time was 4:5:18. MORE THAN 20 FUCKING STILL FASTER THEN HER
- FOUR OTHER GODDAMN MALE SWIMMERS WERE FASTER THAN HER AND LOCHTE IN THE FINAL 50 LEG. JUST BECAUSE LOCHTE CAN CLAIM TITLE FOR FAST DOESNT MEAN HE'S CONSISTENTLY THE FASTEST.
- The Hilarious Case of American (and Western) Butthurt-Denial
After three hundred years of Western/European imperialism, they have come to the idea that all other people are inferior in prowess to themselves. As America no longer stands as the gold medal leader, it's been constantly in denial when non-European athletes win at formerly American dominant sports - especially China, whom grassroot Tea Party members (synonym for dumbfucks) consider them to be Economic Enemy #1. With a 1.2 billion population, talent picking, and rigorous state training regiment - there'd obviously be some amazing athletes.
- Just like Phelps, Ye Shiwen has large feet and hands. Unlike Ye though, American media didn't bombard the public about her natural talent. But remember during the 2008 Olympics when NBC constantly broadcasted the "life-story" of Phelps constantly to dismiss any claim of performance drugs? Ye Shiwen is also coached by some of the best swim coaches in the world in Australia.
Another case of Western Butthurt-Denial:
- 2002 World Cup Italy vs. South Korea:
Italy gets eliminated against South Korea and Europe goes into an outcry for how three time in-a-row champion Italy could be eliminated by an Asian team. Media bombards the public with smear campaigns against the South Korean team, pulls the doping accusation card, and it results in the firing of referees by FIFA.
This lame attempt by western media to rile up the public is idiot and out of jealousy.
Rant over, ashamed to be an American. We're not first anymore, and don't deserve to be.
Total Trackbacks 0