My 2014 Pokemon Predictions...
by, 1st January 2014 at 12:30 AM (857 Views)
Inspired by Dogasu's predictions, here's some of my own for the Pokemon Franchise in 2014...
* Diancie and AZ's Floette will be distributed in the Summer alongside XY Movie 1. The international distributions will happen simultaneously, although the film will be released later in other countries.
* There will be at least one other international DLC event for Pokemon XY, involving the distribution of Version Exclusive Mega Stones.
* There will be NO main series game released in 2014, however, I can see "Pokken Fighters" being revealed at the tail-end in CoroCoro/Direct, and coming out Q1 2015.
* The teased Trozei sequel will drop as a 3DS Eshop game after a surprise announcement about a month or so before it's released in a Nintendo Direct, probably around the spring.
* Detective Pikachu will be released before the end of 2014, probably in Winter, but only in Japan. It won't be released simultaneously(due to possibly having voice recognition and acting), and the US release will be early 2015.
* Smash 4 will be released in late Summer 2014. Every Pokemon character including Mewtwo will return, and there will be one newcomer, Dedenne. XY's influence will be limited to PokeBall Pokemon beyond that, and consisting of mainly pre-revealed ones.
* Hoenn WON'T be confirmed...till 2015. ;)
* We won't see Volcanion, Hoopa, or the Mega Latis this year officially. We won't see any unknown Mega Pokemon appear via DLC either.
* TPCI and TVTokyo will work out a deal to stream official raw/subbed XY episodes the day they air for Japanese and US territories.
* XY Movie 1 will reveal Diancie AND Az's Floette to be key players and promotional Pokemon, and the plot will adapt AZ's back-story but excise the Flare elements which will be saved for the show.
* Ash will reach Valerie's Gym by the end of the year, and will have either defeated her, or currently challenging her when the Christmas Break occurs.
* Ash will have a team of six before the year's end, and Froakie and Fletchling will have evolved at least once. He'll get a Grass-type and a Fairy-type on his team.
* Ash's Charizard or Heracross will make a cameo appearance with their Mega Evolution.
* Serena will catch an old Pokemon that has a Mega Evolution, and one Kalos Pokemon. Fennekin will evolve once.
* Clemont won't catch any more Pokemon this year, nor will any of his evolve. Team Rocket also won't see any team changes.
* Team Flare will appear when the gang travels to the Glittering Cave, as they do in the games.
* We will get 2 new Endings before the end of the Year, at least one of them a "Pokemon Ierukana" styled song, and one that's slow and melodic. Volt will stay as the Opening, but will have various animation changes, such as editing the teams and de-shadowing the Gym Leaders Ash has beaten.
* Next season, someone will die!
And that's it really.
Total Trackbacks 0