A couple of things I hope to see in the next Smash Bros installment.
by, 16th November 2012 at 09:34 AM (549 Views)
A number of interesting suggestions were presented in my last blog entry, so... I figured the least I owe the people who responded is what I personally hope to see. A lot of this is building on the strengths of the previous games and fixing their respective flaws. (Or what I perceive as strengths and flaws. It is my opinion after all, so you're free to disagree.)
Please note, this list might not be very long as the games still have a very long time before they are released, so I haven't quite done much in the way of in-depth speculating yet. As such, this list is VERY subject to change.
Characters & Stages:
- Eliminate clones altogether. Variety is the spice of life, and clone movesets are very disappointing. (Especially Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone.) If a character cannot be given a unique moveset, they probably shouldn't be playable to begin with.
- Add more characters. (Duh. Hopefully making the roster bigger than SSBB's. Representation from the veteran's franchises should be expanded to include characters who missed the cut in SSBB, and to newer characters like Ghirahim from Skyward Sword.)
- Keep 3rd Party Characters at a minimum. (I KNOW this stand will not be popular with some, but let's be real here. Smash Bros. was meant to be a Nintendo brawler, not one for characters from every console to get an invite. Sonic and Snake were okay, maybe adding 1-2 more characters under this bill wouldn't hurt too much. But I wouldn't go much farther than that.)
- Allow most of the stages from the past games to return.
- Hoping to see more representation from Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem overall. The former finally had a new game released recently as many of you know, and the latter... well... has plenty of characters and games to work with in all honesty.
Customization: (This section is totally dedicated to expanding the ability to personalize the game to your liking. No actual gameplay changes will be present here, sorry. :V)
- Rather than forcing players to choose from a select few costumes, allow for the ability to create your own costumes to use. (No model editing. Just texture editing like eye color, skin, clothing, etc.) For those not interested in such a feature, keep the ability to choose from default costumes.
- Bring back and expand the Stage Editor mode to include more background motifs and parts to use.
- Leave empty slots on the "My Music" section for each stage for players to insert their own custom tunes and adjust the frequency in which they play, in addition to the tunes already inserted into the game.
- Restore the old summon rates from the Poke Ball item to ones identical to the rates found in Melee. (Basically, upping the rate at which Legendaries appear, EXCEPT for ones like Mew, Celebi, or Jirachi that just fly off and grant a huge point score.)
- Update the Assist Trophy and Poke Ball summon list. (We've had a lot of new games released since SSBB, along with a new Generation of Pokemon to boot. This is pretty much a given, right?)
- Eliminate the Dragoon parts. (Rather annoying, especially considering they usually block the Smash Ball from appearing until all of them are collected.)
- Allow Replays for matches up to 4-5 minutes long.
- Make Replays and Screenshots easier to share. (The format they are exported in on SSBB isn't friendly for sharing. =_=;)
- Bring back Final Smashes, and possibly give new ones to the veterans where possible.
Total Trackbacks 0