Dorm or Apartment?
by, 21st July 2012 at 03:21 PM (432 Views)
Okay, so I'm going to go to college in nearly a month. I have two options which essentially cost the same. I can either stay in an apartment or a dorm. Below is a list of stuff that each has/layouts/etc.
- One room shared between two people
- One bathroom for both
- On campus
- Requires meal plan (which, me being the picky eater that I am, won't use)
- Heavily monitored by staff
- Private room and bathroom
- Walk in closets
- Shared living room, kitchen, dining room, patio/balcony
- Furnished/unfurnished (depending what I want)
- Two miles away from campus
- Utilities included
- Two arrangements (4bed/4bath or 2bed/2bath)
- Cheaper if you plan ahead of time to share with 3 others
- Students only
- Slight con: no "rules," however you can call and complain and they will handle it
- Slight con: roommate could be horrible (however, I took that chance with the dorm and came out pretty good; I've already talked to my dorm roommate a little)
Each of the two blocks above link to the webpages for them, so you can take a look yourself. So, dear Bulba... what do you think I should do?
So far I've got:
Apartment - 20
Dorm for 1st year - 2
Dorm for 1st sem. - 1
Pros/Cons choice - 1
Well, the 1st semester thing isn't possible cuz leases for dorm/apt are year round. As far as pros/cons, I'm leaning toward the apartment because... well, I mean. Look at the list.
So, in short... HELP MEH! Need opinions, plz.
Total Trackbacks 0