Running out of Stephen King.
by, 13th February 2009 at 12:43 PM (350 Views)
I just borrowed Lisey's Story, by Stephen King, from my school's library. It was the only thing on the shelf of his I haven't yet read.
It occurs to me, I'm running out of Stephen King to read. Here's a list of his stuff I've read/own and plan to read:
-Tommyknockers (reading; got bored with it and I might pick it up later)
-The Dark Tower I-VI (will probably start again before I read VII)
-The Dark Half (my personal favorite)
-Hearts in Atlantis
-Just After Sunset (his most recent collection)
-The Green Mile (EVERYONE should read this, it's very moving and just an amazing story)
-Eyes of the Dragon (highly recommend to fantasy lovers)
-The Running Man (disappointed me)
-Firestarter (recommend to Heroes fans)
- Bag of Bones (sorta a weird love story)
-Duma Key (another good read for Heroes fans)
- Needful Things (found at a thrift store for a quarter but haven't started it yet, but it sounds like the manga Pet Shop of Horrors)
- 'Salem's Lot (a REAL vampire novel, if you're sick of all this Twilight crap)
- Pet Sematary (freaky but good)
- Cujo (both terrifying and heartbreaking)
- The Dead Zone (very thought provoking)
...I think that covers my "read" list. So my dilemma is... after Lisey, Tommyknockers, and Needful Things are finished, what should I read? I'm thinking either Carrie or Misery. Carrie because it was Stephen King's first novel, Misery because I LOVED the movie. I'm also open to reading the Bachman books, because while Running Man was fail, I liked Thinner.
Or should I go with a wildcard and read It?
(I've heard Dreamcatcher is utter crap so don't bother recommending it to me unless you've read it and know otherwise.)
Total Trackbacks 0