Bulbapedia Drinking Game
by, 22nd April 2011 at 09:09 AM (678 Views)
(A work in progress. Uses wiki formatting because it's eventually going to go [url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Transfinite/Bulbapedia_Drinking_Game]here[/url].)
* Take one drink every time the word "strangely", "coincidentally", "interestingly", "oddly", "ironically", or something similar appears. Take another drink if the item in question isn't actually strange, coincidental, interesting, odd, or ironic.
** e.g., ''"Character X has an Electric Pokemon and appears in Generation III. Interestingly, Character Y also has an Electric Pokemon, and also appears in Generation III."
* Take one drink every time the word "Apparently" is used to modify a statement that is a confirmed fact.
* Take one drink every time the phrase "It is interesting to note", "It may be interesting to note", "It should be noted", "It may be noted", "It is important to note", or some variant thereof, appears.
* Take one drink whenever an article's trivia section mentions something banal, idiotic, or utterly useless.
* Take two drinks whenever an article's trivia section mentions something plainly visible in the official art or sprites, or something that can be learned by reading the rest of the article.
* Take a drink every time a trivia section makes a pointless comparison to another character or Pokémon. Take another drink if this comparison is marked as "coincidental" or "ironic".
** You still have to take the drink for the first bullet point under "In general", too.
* Take two drinks every time something inaccurate, only partly accurate, or misleading appears...
** ...only to be "corrected" in a second-level bullet point, rather than actually being edited to be correct.
*** Finish your glass if this devolves into TVTropes-style arguing three or more bullet points deep.
* Take a drink every time someone tries to cite Serebii, PokeBeach, or some other non-official source for new information.
* Take a drink every time there's an argument about what the new game's pages should be called. Take two drinks if the answer is blindingly obvious and it's just one person whining against the majority.
* Take a drink every time someone tries to add "Habitat" or "Diet" information to glitch Pokémon.
* Take a drink every time someone insists that the G in "glitch Pokémon" should be capitalized.