RNG abuse - some questions - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums

View RSS Feed

dukeburger

RNG abuse - some questions

Rate this Entry
by , 22nd January 2010 at 09:34 AM (914 Views)
I know I'm totally late in the game as far as this goes, but I finally figured out how to abuse the RNG, and this was my first project.



Bold: 31/x/31/29/31/30

I'm really not sad about losing 2 points in special attack and 1 in speed. I figured I'd start off easy.

I am wondering though... why is it that people often have to catch their Pokemon in the future? I got many, many results for that spread, so that confuses me. Would this have something to do with wanting a certain hidden power? If so, how do you search for certain spreads? I am wondering since there doesn't appear to be an option in the RNG reporter for hidden power when you put in your desired nature and IV range. I reeeally want a Zapdos with hidden power grass.

I also need to see if I can figure out my SID, but I only have a few chained shinies on my Platinum cart, so I'm not sure if I can.

Submit "RNG abuse - some questions" to Digg Submit "RNG abuse - some questions" to del.icio.us Submit "RNG abuse - some questions" to StumbleUpon Submit "RNG abuse - some questions" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. ghaskan's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    You need 4-8 Shinies to find the SID for all I know. I'm finding mine when I meet my cousin again, he has a flashcard so I can give him a Pokémon in trade of using his save to find my SID :)
  2. Ekard's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    You can ask Blazevoir for your SID in exchange for a Shard or Star Piece. He uses AR, not sure if you mind that. Other than that. What Raichu said.
  3. dukeburger's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Thanks, guys. :) I looked into it and it turned out I had JUST enough chained shinies to find out my SID! I tested it using the breeding method and it worked. Yeah, I knew requesting that someone find my SID for me would require hacking, so I was trying to avoid that.

    Now later I need to see if I can get a usable shiny Registeel. :D
  4. Ekard's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I found out my SID.

    I tried to look into RNG Abuse... But... Man, it sounds really confusing/hard. I haven't even done any serious chaining let alone this. ):
  5. dukeburger's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Well what I realized is that, so far anyway, it's not AS hard as it sounds. No offense at all to the any of the guys on Smogon, but I don't think it's explained well enough. It's really hard to swallow it all, since it's not really a "hold your hand" kind of tutorial, and the lack of adequate visual aid doesn't help.

    Are you already familiar with hatching shinies (I'm guessing no if you only just found your SID)? I started with that on my Diamond cart; it's much simpler and you'll get a feel for the RNG reporter.
  6. Ekard's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeburger
    Well what I realized is that, so far anyway, it's not AS hard as it sounds. No offense at all to the any of the guys on Smogon, but I don't think it's explained well enough. It's really hard to swallow it all, since it's not really a "hold your hand" kind of tutorial, and the lack of adequate visual aid doesn't help.

    Are you already familiar with hatching shinies (I'm guessing no if you only just found your SID)? I started with that on my Diamond cart; it's much simpler and you'll get a feel for the RNG reporter.
    Hm, maybe I should start with that. Thanks for the tip.
  7. dukeburger's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    It's pretty simple, but let me know if you need any help!
  8. Ekard's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeburger
    It's pretty simple, but let me know if you need any help!
    Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. It's hard to find anyone nice/willing to help these days. =/
  9. dukeburger's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Really? Pokemon fans are usually a nice bunch, at least in my experience.
  10. Ekard's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeburger
    Really? Pokemon fans are usually a nice bunch, at least in my experience.
    X______________________________X This messages flooded my inbox... Subscription error?
  11. dukeburger's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Maybe? I only hit post once...

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: