What, so I can't insult Asbergers' anymore? - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums
View RSS Feed

The Live Wire

What, so I can't insult Asbergers' anymore?

Rate this Entry
Apparently, a certain som-ah, fuck it. That's not the System Error way. It's Chiaki and his girl who did it. They whined over me ripping on said syndrome (since having been deleted). Okay, it was actually just "That old saying sucks. Probably made by Aspergers' help groups or Kindergarten teachers.", which I've done in a similar form like a dozen times in the past, is more insulting the people who teach it, and not necessarily Aspies/Kindergarteners. And now I...well, actually, nothing really happened except Misty warning me and being called a douchebag by Neku (hypocrite!).

But hey, it's true ya know. My attitude may have been less than proper, but my mind's in the right place! Seriously, the saying "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" is by far one of the worst sayings around. It beats out the weird science behind "i before e except after c". Satoshi-Kun pretty much hit the nail square on the head. If it wasn't for people saying "fuck that shit" to things, we might be stuck in the dark ages still!

IMO, a better saying is, "if you can't take criticism, get off the planet." Some people may like to think we can all get along...but we can't. It'll never happen in any of our lifetimes. Conflict is what drives the world. I'm not being a pessimist or an asshole, that's just the way it is.

So, any bets on what'll happen to me now that I've posted this? Deletion? Infraction? Death threats? Bannination? Possibly a combination of all four? What if I posted a possible justification for hating on them (assuming I went further than opinion insulting)? A valid one? Would it be better, or worse?

EDIT: Yep, infracted! Only my second one! I regret nothing!

Submit "What, so I can't insult Asbergers' anymore?" to Digg Submit "What, so I can't insult Asbergers' anymore?" to del.icio.us Submit "What, so I can't insult Asbergers' anymore?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What, so I can't insult Asbergers' anymore?" to Google

Updated 14th December 2009 at 01:29 AM by System Error

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    You claimed in what you told me that you were talking about "people who try to help those with Aspergers". However what you SAID was "Aspergers help group", which in my experience have been populated by people WITH it.
  2. Steven's Avatar
    It is true, that this saying has a lot of meaning, but symbolically, it has no bearing.

    I looked at Satoshi-kun's statement, and of course, complete peace does nothing for the sake of evolution. This can be applied to whether socialism works or not. Of course socialism doesn't work, because it only promotes stagnation. It is far better to live in a capitalist society than it is a socialist one, since capitalism always promotes growth and movement. Socialism is only spouted by crybabies who don't get their way as a means of getting things handed to them; lazy people. Of course, this can then be tied back with people getting their asses kicked in life, and then crying about it. Get over it.

    A cry for peace is a cry for false peace.

  3. System Error's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo
    You claimed in what you told me that you were talking about "people who try to help those with Aspergers". However what you SAID was "Aspergers help group", which in my experience have been populated by people WITH it.
    Hmm...let's see...where did I say he had Aspergers? I don't remember posting it...and if I forgot, I can't find it. All I can find is the implicit...which isn't the explicit or the definite. He could've learned it from a parent! Or Kindergarten!

    I will again reiterate that I've said things like this before, under similar circumstances, and with moderator presence. I had a great response to this where you yourself actually agreed that said help groups suck too, but I was unable to find it. :P

    I just want to know one thing. Why is it suddenly an issue now when I've done it before? That's it, it's nothing major. Give me a good and valid answer, and I'll drop the issue.
  4. Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Additionally, System Error, where do you see any whining about your comment coming from either of them? Neither of them made a blog post afterwards and there's nothing in the comments to that post that says anything about yours.

    Also, to answer the question you asked while I was typing that, because this was brought to our attention.
  5. System Error's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo
    Additionally, System Error, where do you see any whining about your comment coming from either of them? Neither of them made a blog post afterwards and there's nothing in the comments to that post that says anything about yours.

    Also, to answer the question you asked while I was typing that, because this was brought to our attention.
    In my PM inbox.

    Wow you're a douchebag.
    09:28 PM
    Nekusagi


    They like to keep their beefs private I guess, as opposed to my screaming them to the world.
  6. Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    There's something to be said for keeping things private. For instance, you should have reported that instead of openly claiming that they were "whining" without any public evidence of that and then reposting a private comment without consent.
  7. System Error's Avatar
    Sorry, my bad.



    There ya are. One proof. You'll see I haven't opened it yet due to general laziness, and that Misty also PMed me about it. Except I didn't get an infraction in that case, but let's not start TOO many issues now!
  8. Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    I never asked for proof. I said you should REPORT it.
  9. System Error's Avatar
    Eh, as much as I'd like to see them punished for doing stuff, I never really minded their insults towards me all that much. Some of it is earned, some of it is too much, but all of it doesn't matter to me.

    Also, that was in reference to openly claiming that they were "whining" without any public evidence of that while ignoring reposting a private comment without consent. :P

    That's beside the point, though. What matters is why this insult towards Asberger help groups was modded, and all my other ones weren't. You yourself were there for some of them. Did someone decide to suddenly start being offended by it? Someone old? Someone new, maybe? That's it. That's all I want to know. Why is this an issue, when it was fine in the past?
  10. Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Because, despite what you claim, your words didn't mean "people who try (and fail) to help Aspies"--they mean "groups consisting of Aspies". That's what an "Aspie help group" is--it's a support group. Support groups are populated by the people with the issue meant to be supported.
  11. System Error's Avatar
    See, this is Herd Instincts, definition #2 (new name pending). This is when you keep coming back to the same arguments over and over and over again despite me giving an explanation of them. And that forces me to go back to the same arguments over and over and over again. It's a never-ending cycle!

    But seriously, I told you those were not what I meant. There's a difference between what words mean, and what the person who saying them means. I meant no insult towards anyone except Kindergarten teachers and people who try (and fail) to help Aspies, and I thought that was clear when posting that. See, this is obviously a simple misunderstanding. I apologize to anyone who was offended by a misinterpretation, but I won't apologize to the help groups. They really are useless. ;)
  12. Sublime's Avatar
    SE maybe you should let it go, you can't really win a fight against a mod/admin (whatever the hell he is).
  13. Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    That's why you need to be mindful of what you MEAN vs what you SAY.

    And either way, even if you HAD said what you meant, it still had only the faintest bearing on the subject of the actual thread. Even DCM's accusation of people "overreacting" was on topic.
  14. Stranger's Avatar
    People with self-diagnosed Asperger's annoy me to no end.

    They're almost as bad as people with self-diagnosed insanity.

    Almost.
  15. DCM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masked Stranger
    People with self-diagnosed Asperger's annoy me to no end.

    They're almost as bad as people with self-diagnosed insanity.

    Almost.
    It's almost like you're taking everything I blogged and restating it!
    As for this issue, lol reporting. Do you really think that's going to work?
  16. Stranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCM
    It's almost like you're taking everything I blogged and restating it!
    I'm just trying to stay current. :(
  17. Nekusagi's Avatar
    But why did you have to drag Asperger's into this? I really don't understand why it's okay to mock people with a certain disability, because a LOT of us have it, and we deal with it every day. No, I'm not being PC- I am legitimately hurt when people build up this stigma around being Asperger's/autistic. It's no different than using "quadrilplegic" "deaf" or "blind" as an insult. You're equating us with kindergarteners, and implying we're somehow lesser to you guys (and also that somehow we can't be helped, which is even more hurtful). It's not a "herd mentality" it's "sticking up for something you believe in" (not being an ableist and spreading ableist ideas, in this case).

    I called you a douchebag. That was probably immature and a bit kneejerk of a reaction on my part, but I'm pretty sure douchebags aren't people and don't have feelings. We are and we have to put up with this shit all the time.

    There are 45 of us right now in the Asperger's/Autism usergroup. Are you really going to insult and demean us all like that with your stupid statements about how we can't be helped and how apparently anything we say (like, you know, basic human principles of being nice to others) is stupid and useless?


    inb4 cool story bro, there is so much bigotry in this blog post I don't even know where to start.



    And for the record he said nothing about this, so don't drag him into it. I reported that comment and sent that message last night after he'd logged off.
    Updated 14th December 2009 at 09:52 AM by Nekusagi
  18. Trainer-c's Avatar
    Insulting the people that help Aspies, is not cool. Even if it was in jest, or to illustrate a point, a better choice of wording would have gotten your point across without offending.
  19. Stranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekusagi
    But why did you have to drag Asperger's into this? I really don't understand why it's okay to mock people with a certain disability, because a LOT of us have it, and we deal with it every day.
    You mean, a lot of people pretend they have Aspergers so they have something to blame for their shitty social life.

    Spoiler: Your life sucks, my life sucks, everyone's life sucks. Everyone has their personal demons. Just because you're shy and suck at making friends doesn't mean you're autistic.

    Essentially, pretending you’re autistic because you’re embarrassed about your own social life is the worst possible insult to people that actually are autistic.
  20. Nekusagi's Avatar
    Asperger's is a real psychiatric condition and I think if you look at this thread, you'll see quite a few of us are actually diagnosed. There's no "pretending" to it.

    Go and educate yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: