I tried to think up a long, awesome post for my 1000th entry.
by, 11th April 2010 at 03:34 PM (481 Views)
I failed, but since a milestone like this only comes around once in a long time, I feel it is my duty to make it long, at the very least. If a mish-mash of unsorted commentary works for you, tune in!
Originally, I planned to hit 1000 on this blog's birthday, but with around 6 blogs a day required from when I decided that, that just wasn't going to happen. Hell, even on my best days, I usually can only get 4 or 5.
The original intent of this blog was to be like something out of Twitter, in how I update what I've done throughout the day, except much, much more detailed. That fell through due to users complaints, and being rut-stuck, among other reasons. Instead, it became more like something where I could post once a day with something I did. Even if it was a "that is all" message.
After some users didn't take kindly to that, I lightheartedly responded by changing the wording to various things, all of which were the same thing but more than three words. From "that is all there is to say", "that is all there is to say at the moment", "that is all there is to say for the time being", and biggest of all, "that is all that there is to say on this issue for the time being". Eventually, I just forgot about those types of blogs altogether.
The blog's description is horribly out of date, which I made fun of on the vB4 test boards. I forgot the exact text, and can't exactly retrieve it due to...circumstances beyond my control...but the phrase "probably no longer fairly unknown at this point" was in there. But yeah, I might just change it soon.
If there's one thing I'd like to do more from the old days of this blog, it's the "that is all" blogs. I should do more. It gets my blog count up.
Kidding! I want to bring back some of the crazy. It's crazy shit, and kept things entertaining instead of being somewhat dry and monotonous and boring and all-around lame. Which I try to avoid like the plague, though avoiding plague is pretty difficult.
Through these blogs, I've made friends, associates, rivals, haters, and even MORTAL ENEMIES. And no DCM, you're just a once-hater and a rival with possible mommy issues considering your considering Kasumi, etc. your family isn't a silly gimmick. :) :) ;) >_>
Yeah, my blogs don't really gather comments. I blame that on my not getting involved in the social aspects of the board as much as I could. Hey, I had a chance though, but it was with Nardo and his crew, and I got the hell out of there while there was still time. Poor, poor, followers of his. :( But what I can say is that if it weren't for me, none of you other megabloggers would've stepped up to the plate as well, and Kameil or Outrage or possibly Nekusagi if my non-blogstiance somehow brought on the events tha tled to her leaving in an indirect way would have the most blogs. Granted, I'm not the best role model in the world, but hey.
I told you it'd be a mish-mash. Hmm...what else is there...? Oh, the other stuff. I originally wanted to stay off the boards as much as possible, so I could walk into a topic and people'd be all like "holy shit that guy has like 20 posts and hundreds of blogs". Well, I can still get a "that guy has hundreds of blogs" reaction, but the most insane post-to-blog ratio was not meant to be, due to attempting to RP and my MS-Paint Pokemon topic in the Artist's Alcove. Oh well, not that it matters. Life goes on and such.
Anything else...? Hmm...if there is, I can't think of anything. Not right now, at least. Wait, there is this. My "slang". One of the gimmicks of the blog was to be the slang I make up. I still sometimes use it! For example, there's "The Shame Frame" for the (late) Hall of Shame, "the bulbs" for Bulbagarden, among others. I had a big-ass list written up, and was going to unleash it upon the world for all to see. Unfortunately, the file with the info in it pulled a disappearing trick on me, and so I just went "to hell with it".
This annoying thing about this sometimes is that when I plan blogs like this, I can't put anything in between should one crop up. Such was the case last night, but I'll get to that later.
That it? I think that's it. So as I stated somewhere before, I'm going to do a "best of (in my eyes)" blog sometime in the future. Don't know when, but hopefully soon.
We'll finish with some shoutouts. Here's to you peeps.
- 1337R34P3R: I can't think of anything but I wanted to shout out to you anyway.
- AiedailEclipsed: You're all right.
- Archaic: Best admin of a Pokemon website, and up there for best admin of all sites. I'm not even kissing ass for the sake of kissing ass, I'm just stating the cold, hard, facts!
- DCM: you
- Ekard: PM of the event, don't die like Poland's PM did.
- Happy Mask Man: I saw a potato that looked like a pear once, so I called it a pear. Was I wrong?
- Hide In Plain Sight: I never knew what your username was about until I actually played AC, then I immediately thought of your username once it popped up.
- Insomniac: You and me both, pal.
- Kasumi: You are a very lucky woman, except in how you live in Australia with its censorship laws.
- Leeney: I don't know why, but when I see a Leeney blog, I think, "hey it's Leeney".
- Legacy: Hurry up and finish your story for those people, I would've done the same thing in your shoes.
- MAGNEDETH: I just took a random name I recognized from the board lists' last posts; let's see if he notices.
- Mijzelffan: Fo shzle mah jzel
- Nekusagi: Too lazy to word what I have to say carefully, though it's positive
- Outrage: Stay gold
- PlatinumDude: One, two, three, bats.
- $aturn¥oshi: I'd become a pseudo-troll if I was bored too.
- Shiay: You need to get on AIM more.
- Tina: Come back.
- Winged Psychic: I've always wanted to ask you - which winged psychic?
- Yoshi-San: Take me off ignore already, I want to reply to your blogs
And here's to another 1000 blogs.
Total Trackbacks 0