First in FFT LFT three times in a row?!
by, 6th December 2012 at 12:13 AM (211 Views)
I was terrified last night that I wouldn't do well. It took me 15-20 minutes to get my Blue Dragons, but it was made up for by the fact that I got all the Red Chocobos I needed as well, so I could ignore getting them at Barius Hill.
Quick notes, for the curious.
- Goland went amazing with three Galaxy Stops. Blue Dragons and a Red Chocobo took care of this, but it got scary with Olan in critical.
- I destroyed Zalmo with Choco Meteor, although it went worse than in my testing where I only had one.
- UBS2 was iffy. I pretty much winged it the whole way through, and I was trolled at a few points by the Time Mages. Yet I made it out in one piece. Most importantly, I got a crystal with Phoenix Down here.
- UBS3. I had three Red Chocobos and a Blue Dragon. I sent two of the Chocos along the side, along with the Dragon. Ramza had a gun; I was supposed to have Weapon Break here to break the Archers' Charge, but luckily only one went after a Choco. The Dragon was to goad Izlude into attacking it, which allowed the Chocobos who survived the Summonings and Knights to finish him off (if not, it'd be Ramza and the Dragon who take care of it)
- UBS1. Knight Ramza and a generic Knight, both at the front prongs and with Concentrate and Charge. Three Red Chocos at the back. Wiggy moves forth and Lightning Stabs them, they Choco Meteor him. Generics move, and kill all three Chocobos. But it doesn't matter, because the humans' Charges kill him.
- Grog Hill. As soon as I got a run where the 8-move Squire didn't do like 140+ damage to Ramza, this was easy. Thankfully, there was no Reraise antics here, as was threatened in a few of the ill-fated runs. Basically surround everyone and breath them to death; some of them had Rubber Shoes though, so the boosted Thunder Breath was out. I broke a Chemist's gun and the Archer's Bow with Weapon Break (got it with a quick fight in Sweggy Woods), but had to really micro at the end when Ramza was at critical health, goading the Maintenance Chemist into healing rather shooting Ramza.
- Yardow. Galaxy of Power. After an initial instalose hilarity...I went into things not much better. Most of it boiled down to being overwhelmed by summons and thrown Fire Balls. I was going 3 Red Chocos and a Blue Dragon; the latter of whom blocks off the gate, but I decided to try 3 Blue Dragons and 1 Red Dragon after. This was intense. Slowly but surely, I was able to wear them down. If it wasn't for Dragon Spirit and that Phoenix Down crystal, this would've destroyed me.
- Yuguo. After an initial misfire, this went okay between Phoenix Down chucking, three Red Chocos, and a Red Dragon to kill everything with Fire Breath.
- Riovanes Castle Gates! This was really annoying. Stripped Rafa to get Malak out of the way quicker. Those Archers are just mean. First time I failed because of a poor PBF, second time I failed because a Red Dragon got Death Sentenced, third time was close, but I didn't notice Ramza had gotten Death Sentenced. Fourth time was the charm once I sent everyone up to the Archers ASAP, but I wish I could've farmed for crystals.
- VS. Wiegraf. Knight with PA Save and Punch Arts. Turtle the hell out of this with Chakra until Wiggy dies in one punch. Immediately get a turn when Velius shows up. Punch him once for 999, and he's dead.
- Rooftop. Three Red Chocobos Meteor Lede a bunch...then HP Restore goes off. Second time I see what a redirected Ultima might do (they go after all three)...which still puts her in critical, but I get the KO anyway.
Total Trackbacks 0