My 3DS Predictions: One Year Later
by, 12th March 2012 at 08:08 PM (244 Views)
So I made a post on my guesses on the 3DS' future. I posted these predictions in september of 2010. Let us look back and see how many of my guesses were right, shall we? I'll list the predictions with comments indented underneath them in bold.
- The first batch of 3DS games will overuse dynamic angles to show off the hardware.
- Strangely enough I didn't notice this that much. If anything, games seemed to shy away from using too much of the 3D, although, I've only played Zelda so if you've played any intense ones then give me a holla.
- I will not win the lottery tomorrow
- Depressingly true
- The 3DS will eventually get Facebook integration at some point, if it doesn't have it already.
- Not yet it seems. Although you can go on facebook with the browser.
- Fans will stop complaining when they realize that, no, a second analogue stick would not improve the 3DS.
- Wasn't I wrong on this one? The slide pad pro has come out but let it be known that it is completely optional and non-slidepad configurations are accounted for. I am humbled by being so apparently wrong. Unless of course, the slide pad is a failure which makes me accurate again! Not that I would wish failure upon something of course.
- The 3DS virtual console will include a way to emulate link cable communication through wireless signals. (More of an "I wish" than a prediction)
- Amazingly enough, true! Some NES games have (or will have) wireless capability!
- 3DS will single-handedly increase the wireless router market by 100%
- Ehh, probably not.
- Hinge issues will still occur.
- Most likely. When I open my 3DS, it give off a worrying creak.
- Just when you manage to save up and buy a 3DS, they'll release new colours, one of which will be your preferred colour.
- I wanted the white one...
- Tag mode information will not rely on the game cartridge actually being in the game (although that game will have priority in terms of information transferred) and the information will be saved to the 3ds. (This is more an "I wish" since only being able to tag mode 1 game seems incredibly restrictive.)
- This is common sense now that I think of it.
- There will be a Skype-like device to be used for 3D chats across the internet.
- Not currently but the fact that there is a nintendo endorsed headphone with mic on the way seems to indicate at least some form of wireless communication.
- Also, Nintedo Letter Box/Swapnote (I wish they didn't have spearate names) gives you the ability to send voice clips
- Celebrities will embrace the 3DS and try to seem "cool" with it.
- Why, hello Robin Williams and Zelda Williams playing Four Swords on 3DSes. Robin Williams was already cool though.
- And hello Rainn Wilson (Dwight Shrute from the office) mii
Will I have more predictions in the future? All signs point to yes!
Total Trackbacks 0