Amateur School Performances are the BEST type of performances!
by, 25th June 2010 at 03:43 AM (226 Views)
In the sense that you don't know if you are going to get a great performance or a train wreck of epic proportions.
I just came back from a school concert and I can say that it was leaning more on the train wreck side of the scale.
- Nice singing in "We are the world" although a bit cliché
- Terrible emotionless cover of "No Air"
- Some other stuff
- Guys basically stripping to some Korean song
- Single Ladies performance by a girl and some other girl(?) in a crazy wig
- Bollywood-ish performance,
- More stripping guys, this time in tight, skimpy, fluoro, Fred-from-Scooby-Doo inspired clothing.which I admit had some shock value and was pretty good in making the audience feel various levels of shock.
- Other stuff I can't remember
- And the end, "Lean on me" with everyone on stage. A little cheesy. I could see what they were going for at least
Then, they did encores of the two stripping performances and the Bollywood one after they found that they had extra time. People started leaving, which was a bit awkward.
A fight almost broke out in the crowd and in the balcony among some parents.
Overall, I was disappointed. I think there should have been more performances so as to not roll over time. I think more planning was in order for it to become what it could have been. The crowd were especially terrible, but it did consist of the student body, so I don't know what I was expecting there.
Next year when I'm in it, I'll have to come up with a battle plan!
Song of the blogpost: Perfume covers The Cardigans' Lovefool in a Pepsi ad and it is remixed awesomely.
Total Trackbacks 0