Bulbagarden Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

  1. zakisrage's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Toutebelle
    I love Princess Belle-Etoile! It's by my favorite fairy tale writer, Madame d'Aulnoy. I bet it will be really good. (Your blog post actually inspired one of my newest fanfics - in it, Hilbert takes a role in a movie version of the story. He plays Cheri.)
    That's the role Ashley wants to play - either that or one of Belle-Etoile's brothers. Ashley's mum is actually going to play the wicked queen mother. Dorothea (Ashley's mum) is very good at playing villains.
  2. Toutebelle's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I love Princess Belle-Etoile! It's by my favorite fairy tale writer, Madame d'Aulnoy. I bet it will be really good. (Your blog post actually inspired one of my newest fanfics - in it, Hilbert takes a role in a movie version of the story. He plays Cheri.)
  3. zakisrage's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymidfields
    To be honest, there are a couple of names that are unisex:
    Robyn/Robin
    Evelyn (Evelyn Waugh, anyone?)

    PS Didn't know you're living not so far away - I'm in Sydney - small world, mate!
    I've got family there.
  4. henrymidfields's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    To be honest, there are a couple of names that are unisex:
    Robyn/Robin
    Evelyn (Evelyn Waugh, anyone?)

    PS Didn't know you're living not so far away - I'm in Sydney - small world, mate!
  5. Ellenflandey's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I know how you feel. My boyfriend has a name thats typically for girls and hes been made fun of for that too.
  6. Lysandre's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    That sucks, I'm sorry. It still amazes me how the media demonizes Islam. It'd be like if the only representation of Christianity ever referenced was Westboro :/
  7. Icestar649's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I feel happy for her as she is finding a place to belong. but if also feel grief as I am losing a sister from which of the religion I am. But best of luck to you and your girlfriend.
  8. zakisrage's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird
    How is our music crap? Is it not because you do not listen to it? Because I think Australia is at a present moment where the music is at a high level with all the bands and artists that are currently doing well here and all around the world. I think Australia has its own identity and you should have to look at the sporting culture of Australia to see it. Take the Australia's victory over England in the Ashes, you can see that there is an arrogant, tough, take no prisoners and giving it a good crack at it characteristics with it. Australia is also doing well in Hollywood, so I think with identity you just aren't really seeing what is front of you because I can tell you that Australia has a completely different identity from the UK and other countries.
    I don't follow soccer or rugby. (I do follow swimming, but that sport is dominated by two American guys, both of them overblown.)
  9. Lyrebird's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    How is our music crap? Is it not because you do not listen to it? Because I think Australia is at a present moment where the music is at a high level with all the bands and artists that are currently doing well here and all around the world. I think Australia has its own identity and you should have to look at the sporting culture of Australia to see it. Take the Australia's victory over England in the Ashes, you can see that there is an arrogant, tough, take no prisoners and giving it a good crack at it characteristics with it. Australia is also doing well in Hollywood, so I think with identity you just aren't really seeing what is front of you because I can tell you that Australia has a completely different identity from the UK and other countries.
  10. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    She looks like a '90s Nickelodeon sit-com character.
  11. Helioptile's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    OMG MILEYS GONE 2 FAR!!!1!!!!11!!
  12. Zima's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I showed my brother the picture and he laughed very hard. Was she drunk?
  13. White Yoshi's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I do kinda agree with the other 3.
  14. Agent Gryphon's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I am sorry, because a girl dresses a way you don't like, and has a different spelled name, you don't like her? I agree with the above two.

    I am sorry, but is it not okay to judge someone just because they look like a plastic girl just as it's not okay to judge someone who's nerdy or geeky or obsese or whatever. To be honest, I would have gotten angry if I had been your friend too. What was her personality like? Was she actually nice to people or acted like a bitch? Was she mean or nice?

    Don't judge someone because of their looks, or better yet don't judge a book by it's cover, it's the personality that should be decided. With the information you have given, it just comes off jealously and wanting him all to yourself (And think, I am going based off what you wrote, per I am deciding on way you worded it that you are being jealous, rather then getting the full story, which is exactly what you are doing with this girl. I am actually interested in the full story though, what is it that makes her a bitch? Horrible personality?)
  15. The Outrage's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I agree with @Oswin, and I have trouble understanding why anyone is defending you. From your account, your problem with her is because she has a "dumb name", dresses in a way you don't approve of, and likes different things than you do. You call her a diva and a cheap parasite, but you really don't give any concrete examples of this, so from my perspective as a reader,I can't discern whether this is true or simply childish name-calling (doesn't help that you call her "Bitchini").

    When you called Danny, was the focus of your conversation about how you think his girlfriend is a parasitic diva with a dumb name, or was the focus about him neglecting his friendships? If it was the latter and he broke things off, then move on since he's not worth it. If it was the former, then I don't understand the sob story. I mean, there's a lot of people who talk about how their friends are in toxic relationships and can actually articulate it, but from the sound of it, you simply don't like her. I mean your complaints aren't even how she's bad for Danny--its "she doesn't like the things Danny and I liked together" and "Danny's spending more time with her than with me". I know I'm sounding harsh, but that's how you're coming off.
    Updated 13th December 2013 at 01:04 AM by The Outrage
  16. Karamazov's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox
    I think you should be more worried about the OP calling MA a 'chav' :/
    Yeah, I was concerned about that. I had to ask others about it, since I wasn't familiar with the term.

    Zakisrage, if you weren't happy with what he said, it doesn't excuse insulting the person.


    My own opinion, honestly I thought he was gay from day one, I don't know if I heard rumours or if I just assumed but yeah I did, I don't see what the big fuss is about either way. People are surely very accepting of homosexuality in this day and age but the publicity this is getting is discouraging. I agree with MA "who gives a shit" what people do with their own lives is their business but if I was a TD fan I probably would be interested, as it happens i'm not but good luck to him.
    Isn't he bi, though? And I can totes understand why people would focus so focused on it; a person's sexuality does have a big impact on how you view them. (Hey, look at Dumbledore.) Not to mention a lot of people in the gay community just love having a proud non-heterosexual in the public eye, not afraid to show his sexuality. Just look on Tumblr, for example. People are really glad to see that sort of thing.
  17. Oswin's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    So he gets a girlfriend and because you don't like her you can't be friends with him anymore...? Also no offence but you sound kinda jealous.
  18. FireBlader15's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Hey I feel sorry for you but every time you loose a friend you'll make a new one.
  19. Silverwynde's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Try and move on but do leave the door open. If this girl is as bad as you say, she'll drain him dry and dump him. He'll need a friend afterward and you could be there to help.

    Good luck.
  20. CrackFox's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary
    Obviously some people do care about it, and there's no problem with that.
    I think you should be more worried about the OP calling MA a 'chav' :/

    My own opinion, honestly I thought he was gay from day one, I don't know if I heard rumours or if I just assumed but yeah I did, I don't see what the big fuss is about either way. People are surely very accepting of homosexuality in this day and age but the publicity this is getting is discouraging. I agree with MA "who gives a shit" what people do with their own lives is their business but if I was a TD fan I probably would be interested, as it happens i'm not but good luck to him.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast