Bulbagarden Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

  1. PyroPokeman's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Whoa, I never thought of that. :O
  2. Zexy's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Try to be close to her, and support her whenever she wants to. Just do not pressure her a lot.
  3. PyroPokeman's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver06
    Trust me, I want to stay, but I'm trapped between two parties, and it I have no idea what to do, it makes me feel powerless sometimes: say one thing to someone, risk pissing off the other one.
    Ah, problems of love. I'm no guru, in fact its my second year in high school, but let me tell you this, because I have a crush on a girl who does so much for her friends,and takes burden beyond her own. You, no matter what, have to stand by her. Be patient. As long as you stand with her, put a hand on her shoulder for support. I know that no matter what, I'm not letting my crush face her problems alone, because who will be there when the burden is too much? Be the support, if you really like her, go the distance and take every moment to change her world, make it beautiful like Kalos/France. Ok, she won't do what you say, then you help out, share your world with her, make her a part of it. Don't command, never command, just bring all that she needs.

    It's funny though, I'm giving advice and yet I never had a single girlfriend. Shame too, as my crush is my first and I'm giving this advice. XD
  4. sharkshocker's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver06
    Trust me, I want to stay, but I'm trapped between two parties, and it I have no idea what to do, it makes me feel powerless sometimes: say one thing to someone, risk pissing off the other one.
    I understand what you mean, it is difficult having to balance things sometimes. We can see how much you'd like to help her, but at the same time there's only so much one can say if the person isn't willing to listen.

    Sometimes it takes a while for people to see advice from a different perspective, I guess the best thing you can do is try to explain why you want to help. You understand why it would be difficult for her in the beginning to reach out, but you can say that you're there for her and that you'll be there when she's ready. Your heart's in the right place and hopefully she can see that.

    If some times it's starting to get to you or talking about it is going nowhere, make sure to calm down and try to talk things out. Explain your side and try to understand where she's coming from. You don't have to settle on something right then and there, but make sure not to let anger make you lose control and do something that would hurt both of you. And make sure to enjoy your time together :)
  5. Silver06's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkshocker
    Just be there for her, it's understandable that it would be hard to make friends given what she's gone through. Maybe over time she'll open up and try to get over her fear. Don't break up with her because it might make things worse. If she has trouble making friends maybe it took some courage for her to ask you out.

    Accept her choice so that when she does decide to do something about it, you're still there for support and ready to help her out. Good luck with it.
    Trust me, I want to stay, but I'm trapped between two parties, and it I have no idea what to do, it makes me feel powerless sometimes: say one thing to someone, risk pissing off the other one.
  6. sharkshocker's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Just be there for her, it's understandable that it would be hard to make friends given what she's gone through. Maybe over time she'll open up and try to get over her fear. Don't break up with her because it might make things worse. If she has trouble making friends maybe it took some courage for her to ask you out.

    Accept her choice so that when she does decide to do something about it, you're still there for support and ready to help her out. Good luck with it.
  7. Kutomba's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Try just talking with her and explaining why you feel so upset, and listen to what she has to say about it. Don't let the conversation be one-sided or she will see it as you trying to tell her what to do. As Ray Koya said, stay strong.
  8. Ben 10's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Just stay strong and stick with her till the end. You could end up in a worse position if you do break up with her so just try and find a way to help her without breaking up with her or straining your relationship.
  9. Silver06's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik
    When I played TWEWY, I would focus more on the bottom screen, and keep on tapping on the D pad to make sure that Neku's partner kept on attacking in one direction, and check the top screen to see if the enemy has changed sides. You don't really have to worry about the cards until the 3rd week. Even then it's pretty easy to manage( At least to me). Also If you're playing on the 3DS, then I recommend using the D pad and not the circle pad. Since the circle pad tends to read some moves as down or up when you meant up or down.( or that could just be me). Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game~
    Yeah, I only use the circle pad when I'm in the overworld, even then, it's sparingly since I don't want to wear it out.

    PS: I have beaten the game and am currently on week 2 of my second, normal only playthrough, and it's really, really fun. Mingle mode is a bitch to use since it doesn't pick up 3DS streetpass, but oh well.
  10. Joltik's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    When I played TWEWY, I would focus more on the bottom screen, and keep on tapping on the D pad to make sure that Neku's partner kept on attacking in one direction, and check the top screen to see if the enemy has changed sides. You don't really have to worry about the cards until the 3rd week. Even then it's pretty easy to manage( At least to me). Also If you're playing on the 3DS, then I recommend using the D pad and not the circle pad. Since the circle pad tends to read some moves as down or up when you meant up or down.( or that could just be me). Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game~
  11. Silver06's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare
    I have no freakin' allowance or job (meaning I make NO money) and I still think losing portability on your portable for 40 bucks is short sighted. I have see the point of it is for kids and I might buy it if I had a child under 7 but c'mon it's forty bucks compared to all the time you are going to have it.
    I will concede that the 3DS is quite expensive, I got for Christmas, so I never had to deal with that, and I still ahve a year to go before I can get a job or anything, so I guess I don't have anything for ya
  12. Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki
    40$ almost equals roughly one software. Remember Pokemon B2W2 were around 40$?
    Yeah I know that I make no money. Money is precious. But I don't see how one software is worth not having to deal with inconvenient with upwards of four years. I used to not bring my portables anywhere but vacation but then my commute got a lot longer. Plus it is important for streetpass to actually take it places. With the textbook system the way it is who the hell has the room in their backpack? and I've been too tired in the morning to go digging through my backpack many times. Taking my fold able system out of my jacket is so much easier.
  13. Yato's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    @Wyvernphlare; 40$ almost equals roughly one software. Remember Pokemon B2W2 were around 40$? Getting a handheld that is 40$ cheaper allows you to use that remaining 40$ to buy at least one more software.

    And besides, the size isn't much of an issue if you have a bag with you. Personally, I never put my handhelds in my pockets because I don't want to risk my DS getting stolen. It's still portable if you have a bag.
  14. Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I have no freakin' allowance or job (meaning I make NO money) and I still think losing portability on your portable for 40 bucks is short sighted. I have see the point of it is for kids and I might buy it if I had a child under 7 but c'mon it's forty bucks compared to all the time you are going to have it.
  15. Yato's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    You just said everything I wanted to say. As a gamer on budget, I must say the 2DS is an awesome device.
  16. Zen-Aku's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    i just put a red and black one on preorder
  17. Isaac Gravity's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    This article is pretty spot on. I don't understand the overall outrage about the system but then again, most gamers can't comprehend that not every single thing made is specifically aimed at them.

    This is one time you can't fault Nintendo since they really covered their bases with this one. Not just with the 2DS but people seem to forget that in their official store website, Nintendo sells authentic refurbished 3DS' for the same price as (though presently $10 cheaper than) the upcoming system. Yes, shipping and handling applies.

    I've still yet to pick up a 3DS but my options are either going for a new one or just buying a cheaper refurbished from the Nintendo store. Yeah, that's they key word here, options.
  18. PockyAddict's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    I'd actually buy the 2ds, and I will not Give a figgle if people make fun of me. I like saving money and I don't use the 3d option anyway.
  19. Silver06's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish
    The My Little Pony fandom is really horrendous and embarrassing. I like the show but I don't consider myself a brony or part of the fandom. I want no part of that mess.
    Well, saying that all of it is bad is over generalizing, mostly the reason people assume that is because their first impression of the fanbase is bad, so they assume the whole fanbase is like that. If you get to know people, they're not so bad.
  20. Silver06's Avatar
    • |
    • permalink
    Quote Originally Posted by 33Whimsicott33
    You are talking to Bulbagarden, the community of a fanbase based on a children's franchise with wide periphery demographic appeal. Stuff like this has happened on this side of the fandom long, long past. Move along with this kind of stuff like how you do with Pokemon.
    I'm sorry, I can't really understand your wording (Being serious, not trolling), but what I'm getting out of it is "The same kind of stuff happens here too and it's long gone" Well, it's still a problem in the Pokemon fanbase too, there are still people like this running around and doing stupid stuff that gets us a bad reputation. I just choose Ponies because I find that there are way to many people like this on the MLP fanbase, and also because doing it on the Pokemon fanbase would just be one big "Duh, we get people like that all the time, what's the point of posting this if everyone knows about it." Also, I'm pretty sure that blogs don't have any restrictions on what sort of subject you discuss (Media wise)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast