Bulbagarden Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

  1. Silktree's Avatar
    That's what I've been thinking as well, but the release of ORAS is in November that I would think advertising in Summer 2015 would lead to an early 2016 game release instead. Given that 2016 marks Pokemon's 20th anniversary and the first entry into the series was released in February, I don't see us having a fourth consecutive release. If anything, releasing ORAS near the tail-end of 2014 justifies an early 2016 release for a new game.
    I've considered that, too. But the problem is that I find it hard to believe that the 3DS' successor won't be out by March 2016, and the last 3DS Pokémon game should be released a few months prior. It doesn't really matter since three months won't affect the content by much, and the release will be close to the anniversary anyway. I don't see why ORAS are being released exactly on Ruby and Sapphire's 12th anniversary when FRLG and HGSS were released a few months earlier.

    While I've loved the idea of prequel games that explain Pokemon's history, I'm not entirely sure how much I'd like AZ's story.
    Just to be clear, AZ shouldn't be the protagonist. I am more interested in the period than AZ himself. I want to see likable characters survive the war and live with the aftermath.

    Actually....if we were going with a game, I'd much prefer it be a visual novel. That way it's kind of a mix between Option 3 and 4.
    My favorite games are visual novels and to a lesser extent Adventure games (although I can't say that most of the games in either genre appeal to me, but I certainly don't prefer RPGs). But I'm going to assume that an Adventure Pokémon game would be less risky than a visual novel. Let's just say that there should be a lot of dialogue, but not just that.

    I wouldn't want to use Pokémon in war, though. I'd like to play as a mediator character who has a lot on their plate. AZ would be on their side at first, but suffice to say that things wouldn't end on good terms between them.

    he finally fades in a flash of light (much like the old Impa in Skyward Sword), allowing AZ's Floette to be free and be with a new trainer.
    That's possible, but wouldn't it have happened in XY? Or did he need a bit of time with Floette?
    Updated 15th June 2014 at 02:42 AM by Silktree
  2. The Outrage's Avatar
    It seems likely that 2015 will see the final Generation VI release, but that's what I expected in the first place. The bad news is that Game Freak dedicating resources to ORAS could sadly take its toll on the next release. Remakes are not as easy to develop as some people make them out to be. A 2015 release means the fourth consecutive release since 2012, and that has never happened before.
    That's what I've been thinking as well, but the release of ORAS is in November that I would think advertising in Summer 2015 would lead to an early 2016 game release instead. Given that 2016 marks Pokemon's 20th anniversary and the first entry into the series was released in February, I don't see us having a fourth consecutive release. If anything, releasing ORAS near the tail-end of 2014 justifies an early 2016 release for a new game.

    For this reason, I simply don't see us doing another version to XY nor a sequel. I certainly don't see another entry to XY following a 20th anniversary game as it wouldn't have the same feel to it after such a spectacle. I'd imagine we'd be in for a 2017 Gen VII release.

    3. Have it be the highlight of a spin-off game revolving around Kalos' ancient past. The items (if not Zygarde itself) would be downloaded to the main series games using a patch, which could coincide with the above option.
    While I've loved the idea of prequel games that explain Pokemon's history, I'm not entirely sure how much I'd like AZ's story. Though, my criticisms stem mostly from AZ spending 3000 years feeling sorry for himself and Floette, with absolutely no indication of remorse for those he's killed. Its more like he's sorry for the fate he brought upon himself. I mean, yes AZ, immortality does suck, but all the years you've lived still doesn't add up to all the potential years of life you've taken away.

    Actually....if we were going with a game, I'd much prefer it be a visual novel. That way it's kind of a mix between Option 3 and 4. Having AZ as a PC in an RPG limits his characterization. If he's put in a visual novel type of game we can see AZ's characterization and maybe even find out that he's a bit of a psychopath since he doesn't seem capable of caring about the needs of others.

    If it were done this way, it could even be set up as a flashback for AZ and contemplating about what he's done, finally giving him a proper resolution to his story, where he's learned from his mistakes. At the end, we find out he has the Zygarde related item, and decides to anonymously send it to the player character (conveniently gives an in-canon explanation for the delivery girl handing it to you). As for Floette, AZ doesn't age. Perhaps his punishment was to wander the Earth until he's come to terms with what he's done, and after seeing Floette again and understanding his actions, he finally fades in a flash of light (much like the old Impa in Skyward Sword), allowing AZ's Floette to be free and be with a new trainer.
  3. Jolty94's Avatar
    Your blogs are really interesting to read. I love the theories, there all plausible and make sense, write more blogs! Haha, I'm intrigued.
  4. BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage
    Rather than a royal Furfrou, I'd rather see a different breed of Furfrou (programmed as an alternate form) called the "Noble Breed", which refers to the Furfrou owned by Kalos royalty. The common furfrou that people have in the region could be the "Common breed" and the practice of intricate grooming was people's attempts to boost their status by imitating the Noble Breed. I'd prefer something like this rather than retreading on AZ's Floette.

    I think its ability should be a variant on Fur Coat. When I heard of grooming, I wanted the Pokemon's stats to change with each groom, so I think the Noble Breed's ability should be something like this:

    Noble Coat:
    Halves damage from moves (both physical and special) and affects stats based on its trim.

    I would limit it to three trim styles, either increasing physical attack, special attack, or speed.

    I've wanted the Battle Chateau to have something else to it, and it would be interesting to find out that the Noble Breed Furfrou are only available to trainers who achieve the rank of Duke/Duchess.

    EDIT: I saw on the thread that you didn't like the idea that Furfrou's power is tied to its fur. Since AZ is supposed to be partially based on the "Wandering Jew" archetype, I don't think its too out of the question to draw from some biblical characters like Samson, and have the fur of Noble Breed Furfrou be the source of its power. Obviously its very loosely based since Samson couldn't style his hair to affect his power, but Noble Furfrou can. In any case, the difference between Noble and Common breeds is that the fur is a source of power for the Noble breeds, whereas Fur Coat's ability to reduce damage stems solely from the fact that it absorbs the move's hits.

    Linking it to the Nobility system of Battle Chateau could also help explain the history of Kalos royalty. I'd like to think that there was some sort of revolution in the Kalos region centuries ago, and that Parfum Palace actually has no relation to Kalos royalty. The estate was bought by a rich eccentric family and the palace built some 300 years ago and they made claims to be descended from Kalos royalty.

    Meanwhile, Battle Chateau is actually the home of a secret society that guards the secret of Kalos nobility, and allows into their ranks powerful trainers to help guard its secrets. One of these secrets is the Noble Breed Furfrou.
    To be fair, the Parfum Palace owner never claims he's royalty. We know for a fact that Lysandre is AZ's great x 1000 nephew, being descended from AZ's brother. That makes him the Prince of Kalos. There's not one mention of Lysandre anywhere in there. Although, it could be theorized that AZ's castle is the much more unimpressive Shabboneau Castle, since that one's stated to be from ancient times. And you find a Mega Stone there, which were created by AZ's weapon.
  5. Silktree's Avatar
    I'm cautious at this point. The remakes and their early release are a sign that Nintendo want Game Freak to capitalize on the 3DS sooner rather than later, so 2015 should see the final release. However, Game Freak are sticking to their repetitive comfort zone and that makes me worried that Kalos will be revisited over the promised new region, even though that would render the foreshadowing completely redundant. I am not holding out for two regions even though that is an option.

    Hoopa should be revealed next year, so it could coincide nicely with a new region. Volcanion just needs to be available before the games are out for the sake of a Pokédex expansion, even via a Wi-Fi distribution. AZ's Floette could be unlocked by a patch, an undiscovered item or a direct distribution. If to be honest, just the idea of AZ handing out his Floette doesn't make sense, so the details hardly matter that much. AZ and Floette traveling to another region could make sense, though.

    Zygarde is the only important factor. They have three options:

    1. Have it be prominent in a new region.
    2. Create a DLC event for its Mega Evolutions.
    3. Have it be the highlight of a spin-off game or a movie revolving around Kalos' ancient past. The Mega Stones would be downloaded to the main series games using a patch.

    Or they could just revisit Kalos in their next release, which I think would be a pity just for one Pokémon.

    Although, if any of this is true, it would make you wonder why none of the Pokemon from the unknown region or the Zygardites and potential Groudonite and Kyogrite exist in XY's data while everything else that's unreleased is.
    It could be as simple as the designs not having been completed prior to XY's release or Game Freak wanting to keep certain things a surprise. The added Formes in previous generations weren't in the coding of the respective primary versions, either.
    Updated 8th May 2014 at 06:33 AM by Silktree
  6. Scarftail's Avatar
    So, remakes (?) of Ruby and Sapphire are the next release, not the unknown region. These games being released this year as opposed to next year or not at all during this generation seems to be Nintendo's doing, as this year's 3DS sales are horrid despite X and Y boosting 2013's sales to almost match those of 2012, and Nintendo might've anticipated this a while ago, so they could've told Game Freak to speed up their releases a bit and to release more lucrative or fresh content yearly until the successor's release, which would explain why these games aren't remakes if they aren't and why there will be a new region with new Pokemon following this release. This is most likely an indication that ORAS are actually taking the place of a second Kalos release (as that wouldn't be lucrative whatsoever), because the only reason FRLG were released before Emerald was due to the lack of non-Hoenn Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire. Now, it seems that the reason they're repeating this release lineup (in which the primary pair is not immediately followed by a third version or sequels) is to due to better sales, and if so, then we can safely assume that there won't even be another Kalos release, and it's the unknown region that will be released next year. Interestingly, if the unknown region exists in this generation, then the guidebook's reference to the other regions with the exclusive berries would actually hold as a result of ORAS featuring Hoenn (and potentially other areas), and not just be some sort of typo.

    However, this begs a couple of questions: What is Zygarde's role in all of this? Why is it implying more Kalos focus (due to the lack of story behind it and being hinted to be related to the version mascots) and two forms or Mega Evolutions with exclusive moves? There's also the Eternal Floette to consider. It would be silly if it was simply distributed via Mystery Gift (How did the distributor receive it; did it escape from AZ for some odd reason?) and not given to you by AZ in a future Kalos game. There could be an item in XY's data that activates an encounter with it, but I'd like to think it would've been revealed by hackers by now. Maybe AZ wanders the world, but it isn't really fitting to receive his Floette in any region but Kalos.

    There needs to be a new region in this generation if Game Freak doesn't want to be seen as blatantly misleading, and I guarantee that ORAS won't feature it since, as you said, the region is too distinct not to be in its own game. Mind you that they apparently already planned out at least some aspects of the unknown region during Generation VI's initial development, so of course it's not Generation VII. So, the question is: How will Zygarde be handled if there will seemingly be no game centered around it? Heck, maybe it and Volcanion are relevant to the upcoming games instead of Kalos due to their natural themes while Hoopa could be relevant to the next one(s) due to having a South American or Polynesian feel just like the Easter Island-based legendary that the Strange Souvenir depicts. Although, if any of this is true, it would make you wonder why none of the Pokemon from the unknown region or the Zygardites and potential Groudonite and Kyogrite exist in XY's data while everything else that's unreleased is.
    Updated 7th May 2014 at 11:14 PM by Scarftail
  7. Silktree's Avatar
    All the WOW games in 2013 went a long way
    The fact of the matter is that the hardware sales dropped down and were lower than expected.

    What do fucking expecting expect all the people who just now got a console just for Pokemans
    How many people waited 2.5 years to buy a 3DS? The sales suggest that the majority of players had already owned the system for a while.

    to get another one just for pokemans honestly in less than 3 years?
    It wouldn't be less than 3 years, but it would be closer to 3 than to 4. And yes, I do expect it because it wouldn't be anything unusual. Besides, Nintendo should be more worried about the people who don't even have a 3DS now. Among them are a new generation of kids who prefer to play mobile games.

    Software sales do exist.
    The 3DS is falling behind its predecessors in terms of software sales, as well.

    So aren't lifespans just longer because of technology costs.
    All the systems you listed were more successful than any of the current ones. Maybe you're right about Sony and Microsoft, but Nintendo's focus isn't on processing power and high-end graphics. They're worried about the mobile market which is evolving at a faster rate.

    For the record, the 3DS only entered its conceptual development in late 2007 and many proposals were rejected after that, but it was still released by early 2011. Miyamoto said that they had already started thinking about the 3DS' successor by June 2012: "What we're thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld." So a late 2015 or early 2016 release would make the development cycle at least as long as that of the 3DS.

    I guess transfer via pokebank would work but I don't know you can only do so many patches before it gets irritating.
    Wait. One-way transfers wouldn't be necessary; they could just use a Time Capsule system to prevent new Pokémon from being traded to XY (they did it just for Spiky-eared Pichu in HGSS). And patches aren't going to hurt anyone.
    Updated 10th April 2014 at 02:16 AM by Silktree
  8. Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    There aren't even many "wow" games confirmed for this year. It's going to be a weaker year than the last one, which already experienced a reduction in hardware sales compared to 2011 and 2012, which you claim were a drought.
    All the WOW games in 2013 went a long way


    You don't know that at all. Game Freak releasing Generation VII in late 2016 or early 2017 would go a long way.
    What do fucking expecting expect all the people who just now got a console just for Pokemans to get another one just for pokemans honestly in less than 3 years? Like you said the handheld market is hurting in general so I don't think there's anything Nintendo good really do. The 3ds is still profiable though. So I don't see how making a super 3DS would be more worth the risk.


    And you're pretending that more than 5 years is the norm because it was done with the Game Boy and the DS, which were far more successful than the 3DS is. Lest you forget, 5 years is the standard for home consoles, and the last of them (Wii) did much better than the 3DS is doing. There's basically nothing to say that 5 years would be "too soon" relative to the 3DS' sales, which even the GBC surpassed.
    Home consoles =/= portables and Software sales do exist.

    I expect a patch for battle compatibility. Trade compatibility would be too problematic since patches can be deleted and aren't tied to the cartridge.
    I guess transfer via pokebank would work but I don't know you can only do so many patches before it gets irritating.


    Oh one last thing. Going by first launch:

    PSP to Vita 7 years 5days
    DS to 3ds 6 years 3 months 5 days
    Wii to Wii U 6 years minus one day with many people saying it came out too early
    PS3 to PS4 7 years and four days
    XBox360 to XBox one 8 years

    So aren't lifespans just longer because of technology costs.
    Updated 9th April 2014 at 07:52 PM by Phoenixphlare
  9. The Outrage's Avatar
    I highly doubt that people's thought processes are:

    Location > Pokemon, Human characters, Story

    Like, the whole reason people want to see sequels and remakes isn't because they want to see how that building in Vermillion City was eventually built, but because they want to see old characters return and develop. They want past stories to be expanded upon.

    All of this could be done in a completely new region, and the fact that they aren't constraining themselves to Kanto (for the nth time) means that any returning character can develop outside their original role. People also want to see the Pokemon world expand. That can't be done if all they do is stick to the same old regions.
  10. Silktree's Avatar
    It's finally having more wow games making a new console now would lead to another games drought.
    There aren't even many "wow" games confirmed for this year. It's going to be a weaker year than the last one, which already experienced a reduction in hardware sales compared to 2011 and 2012, which you claim were a drought.

    What possible system can they possibly make that would get people to buy ANOTHER system honestly especially since it's going to be a new system it's not going to have that many games and gonna cost a lot.
    You don't know that at all. Game Freak releasing Generation VII in late 2016 or early 2017 would go a long way.

    Doing a new console so soon is just not going to be useful. GBC was just a game boy with color so I don't see how it's normal just because of two other portables.
    And you're pretending that more than 5 years is the norm because it was done with the Game Boy and the DS, which were far more successful than the 3DS is. Lest you forget, 5 years is the standard for home consoles, and the last of them (Wii) did much better than the 3DS is doing. There's basically nothing to say that 5 years would be "too soon" relative to the 3DS' sales, which even the GBC surpassed.

    Yeah more one way transfer that won't be a pain in the ass or you expect another patch to deal with it?
    I expect a patch for battle compatibility. Trade compatibility would be too problematic since patches can be deleted and aren't tied to the cartridge.
    Updated 9th April 2014 at 03:24 AM by Silktree
  11. Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree


    I never thought that it meant anything, nor do I think the Couriway Station means anything. The reference to N going to a faraway region is something that gave me false hope for B2W2, but there was never any promise that we were supposed to see N in that region. In contrast, the Hiker's references are fairly straightforward - he blatantly says that we'll see the region in due time. It doesn't get simpler than that.
    So simple it means nothing.

    The 3DS is not picking up steam; it did as well in 2013 as it did in 2011 and 2012, but not more than that. And what drought are you talking about?

    A lifespan of 5 years wouldn't be rushing things by any stretch of the imagination; only the Game Boy and DS were maintained for a longer period. The numbers simply don't justify supporting the 3DS for longer than 5 years; Nintendo should be making the most of it now.
    It's finally having more wow games making a new console now would lead to another games drought. What possible system can they possibly make that would get people to buy ANOTHER system honestly especially since it's going to be a new system it's not going to have that many games and gonna cost a lot. Doing a new console so soon is just not going to be useful. GBC was just a game boy with color so I don't see how it's normal just because of two other portables.


    It used to be relatively low, but that doesn't mean that it was ever too low.
    Used to? It's still low. Less low than kalos but that was hella low.


    Absolutely not.
    Game theory and my Sony loving friend who always talking bout how stupid Nintendo execs are disagree.


    Sure, they could do that. I don't think that new Pokémon are essential, but I don't see a strong reason against the possibility of a small expansion.
    Yeah more one way transfer that won't be a pain in the ass or you expect another patch to deal with it?
  12. Silktree's Avatar
    It's very close to a new generation, so yeah, there is a need to feel that way. You're getting the same thing you get in a new generation, minus the hardware upgrade and the changes in gameplay and graphics that come along with it.
    If Game Freak were willing to release Generation V for an old system (4 years after Diamond and Pearl) and the reaction to that decision was reasonably favorable, I don't see why it would suddenly be a problem if they just introduced a new region within a current generation. Instead of complaining about not getting a new generation after less than two years, I would think that most people would just be genuinely interested in a new kind of game. And they wouldn't have a right to complain about the decision coming out of left field because the idea is clearly foreshadowed in XY.

    I remember the discussion about B2W2 until the first information dump in April. A lot of fans didn't know what to expect and didn't take it for granted that Unova would be the focus again. Guess what? They were more excited when they theorized about a new region, but they didn't compare it to a new generation.

    Maybe, but I think you're in the minority here.
    No, I don't think I am. Even in discussions about revisiting old games, I barely see much attention being paid to the locations. I think that most people are just used to repetition and stopped questioning the need for it.

    There's less potential in completely ignoring older areas.
    There's less potential in prioritizing one of the older regions over the other ones.
    Updated 9th April 2014 at 01:14 AM by Silktree
  13. Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    It wouldn't be a new generation, so it wouldn't need to feel that way.
    It's very close to a new generation, so yeah, there is a need to feel that way. You're getting the same thing you get in a new generation, minus the hardware upgrade and the changes in gameplay and graphics that come along with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    As for old areas? I can't be the only one who cares far more about the Pokémon, story and characters than the locations.
    Maybe, but I think you're in the minority here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    The third versions, remakes and even B2W2 only did so much in terms of enriching the Pokémon world. I'm rather dumbfounded that you can't think of a better way to tap into the potential of old elements.
    There's less potential in completely ignoring older areas.
  14. Silktree's Avatar
    Professor Oak was actually said to have traveled all over the world in his youth:

    Did you know? PROF.OAK traveled all over the world when he was young.

    While traveling, he must've learned about POKéMON naturally.

    I envy him... I'd like to travel and learn about things too...
  15. The Outrage's Avatar
    If they at all touch Kanto it should be a game that takes place before Gen I, chronicling Oak's journey. With that said, I'd much prefer new games.
  16. Silktree's Avatar
    they would simply treat the new region game like a new generation, except because of the limitations of remaining on the current handheld, there's less they can do to make it feel that way. It would be like BW1 all over again.
    It wouldn't be a new generation, so it wouldn't need to feel that way.

    They wouldn't be able to celebrate their history in that way. "Strong connections" wouldn't really be enough, they'd need old areas, tons of old characters (not just random references, but the actual characters to appear and have some sort of relevance), older plot elements, things of that nature. They'd need to be able to relive the experience in some way. And you pretty much need a remake of some sort to accomplish that.
    Who said anything about random references? I haven't described my ideas yet, but I think I've made it clear that old characters should have a big role. As for old areas? I can't be the only one who cares far more about the Pokémon, story and characters than the locations. Re-using an old setting can be a hinderance when it comes to a new story, even if old elements are the focus. And even as a Generation I fan, I wouldn't want to see an anniversary game be about Kanto alone.

    The third versions, remakes and even B2W2 only did so much in terms of enriching the Pokémon world. I'm rather dumbfounded that you can't think of a better way to tap into the potential of old elements.
    Updated 8th April 2014 at 04:14 PM by Silktree
  17. Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    @Silktree; @Outrage; It's not so much that remakes and sequels are "better" than an entirely new region, but it's a matter of opportunity cost. They can always make new regions at the beginning of a new generation. But sequels and remakes can only be done in between. If you keep making a new region in between, we can never revisit old regions. That's not to say it's a bad idea, but if that's the ONLY thing we're getting mid gen, it's going to feel like a waste of potential. Also Outrage, like you said, they would simply treat the new region game like a new generation, except because of the limitations of remaining on the current handheld, there's less they can do to make it feel that way. It would be like BW1 all over again.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage
    IA remake for the 10th anniversary was great, it's never been done before, and its re-introducing the original games. Doing a remake for the 20th anniversary isn't particularly special, especially when we've had remakes outside of anniversaries already. I would honestly like to think that Game Freak has been planning their 20th anniversary release since XY's inception, and it's not something that they could have done any other year.
    Except FRLG was not a 10th anniversary game, it came out 8 years after the original. The only game that was an anniversary game was HGSS which came out 10 years after GS, and that was more likely coincidence than anything else. Game Freak doesn't seem to value anniversaries to the point where they center game releases around them, so they're probably not doing anything special for the 20th anniversary.

    But if they were to do some kind of anniversary game, I'd like to see a Kanto sequel instead. One that takes the original region and reimagines it with not just the 3D graphics and new gameplay mechanics, but also an improved Pokedex with new Pokemon from various regions, new areas, a better plot, essentially the same region, but rebuilt from the ground up using modern design standards to make it feel truly modern.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    And this is the franchise's 20th anniversary, so I don't see how a remake of Generation III would tie into it, nor do I think that they should remake Red and Green again. They should focus on their entire history rather than a single generation. Since a game featuring six regions isn't feasible, the best way is to introduce a new region with strong connections to the other ones.
    They wouldn't be able to celebrate their history in that way. "Strong connections" wouldn't really be enough, they'd need old areas, tons of old characters (not just random references, but the actual characters to appear and have some sort of relevance), older plot elements, things of that nature. They'd need to be able to relive the experience in some way. And you pretty much need a remake of some sort to accomplish that.
  18. Garren's Avatar
    I think that the key to this is capitalizing on the franchise's 20th anniversary
    Pocket Monster Decade.

    Decade, the destroyer of Regions. What do you see as you travel through the many Regions?
  19. Silktree's Avatar
    Now onto the rest of Gen 6. I really believe that we are going to get a DLC for about $15-$20 that brings us to a new, smaller area and has maybe 30-40 new Pokemon. Now I really think that this area will be something similar to the Orange Islands in the Anime. Something along the lines of 7-10 town areas with 4 Super Start trainers and 1 Ultimate Champion. This idea will become something new for both Nintendo and Gamefreak.
    They haven't expressed interest in DLC, going as far as to say that they don't want to charge people for Pokémon. Granted, you're suggesting an actual expansion which would be worth the money, but from a financial point of view, Game Freak are better off incorporating the new content into a new release rather than XY. If anything, they should use DLC to wrap up the Kalos story.
  20. TerraTF's Avatar
    I want to bring up something that @Robo-Floatzel said earlier.

    In Gen 6, the old Pokemon are focused over the newer ones in a substancial way, and I really hope in the future that changes.
    The old Pokemon were the focus over the new Pokemon as with 649 older Pokemon, its kind of hard to focus on just 72. Everyone would be angry if the dex just had 72 Pokemon in it. My first run through of Pokemon Y was specifically to use all new Pokemon. I was able to get every available Pokemon besides Xerneas and Zygarde before defeating the Champion. Now the final evolution of all of these Pokemon only took up a single box in the PC. Now I want to say that the smaller amount of new Pokemon helped this time around but I want to give more credit to the EXP Share. The EXP Share made it possible to obtain 67 of the 69 available in game.

    I don't think that 72 is a low number. Of the 66 non-Legendary Pokemon, only 5 Pokemon were single evolution Pokemon, which is great.

    Now onto the rest of Gen 6. I really believe that we are going to get a DLC for about $15-$20 that brings us to a new, smaller area and has maybe 30-40 new Pokemon. Now I really think that this area will be something similar to the Orange Islands in the Anime. Something along the lines of 7-10 town areas with 4 Super Start trainers and 1 Ultimate Champion. This idea will become something new for both Nintendo and Gamefreak.

    And to the person who said that Nintendo was getting upset at Gamefreak, GF could take Pokemon to any major Publisher and make a ton of more money than they already do with Nintendo. The only reason they're still with Nintendo is because Nintendo owns a majority of the stock in Gamefreak, but Gamefreak is still a second party developer.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast